Disneyland Paris Trip 24th - 26th April 2015

AJ

There may be a second trailer before the trip depending on schedule and everything but not sure what'll I'll do for that whether it should be another Beauty & The Beast reference or another film?

I'm sure another one will be taking place - just we need to get the creek out there so he has something else to mention in his posts apart from not ever going Disney ;)

SM 3.0

If this was an official trip I completely agree with above points but as it's just my usual standard quarterly visit it's just more of a case this is the date I'm going - your more than welcome to join - you decide what you want to take from it.....surely ^_^

Plus matts first time at Disney. MATTS FIRST TIME! This is enough of a reason :P

The only thing I would say Matt should consider... 

On my first visit to DLP Space Mountain was closed. Now, whilst it didn't ruin the experience, it did give me a massive frowny face, and having now ridden it, I genuinely feel that my first visit would have been exponentially better if it had been open. 

So yeah, just keep that in mind. Space Mountain is an amazing ride, and you really feel it when it's not open. It absolutely sucks to go there with a fresh mind and having to miss out on probably the best ride there.

TBH though It will be shame I miss the big cred that is Space Mountain, there's still lots of big rides there. BTM, a Ratatouiee & the dreams are the things I'm most looking to see (the latter which is not even a ride).

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a perfect time to catch all the rides as small world & Adventure Isle are closing in summer and BTM will have a massive 12 refurb next year too, so Id rather miss one big ride than wait until the likes of 2017 to see them all (who knows I may want to do WDW by then).

Hopefully I'll get to see SM after its refurb soon, maybe even before 2016, so who knows.

I really like Space but I agree it shouldn't be the make or break of the trip, waiting until it opens just means you're likely to miss out on something else anyway (Big Thunder arguably being an even more key attraction). There's plenty of great things worth going for if it's your first time; Dreams, Tower, Ratatouille etc... 

Space Mountain was my first ride at Disney and I will never forget my reaction when I came off!

However, I personally prefer Big Thunder Mountain, it feels more "Disney" and more magical than Space Mountain. If I had to choose what one to miss out on, I would say Space Mountain (although it is a great ride!)

Also, let's not forget Pirates of the Caribbean. Just...I could have cried I was so amazed by it all :wub:

I swear there's always going to be something closed whenever you go. POTC was meant to be closed when I went, then it was swapped with Phantom Manor! And we didn't get to do Peter Pan's Flight as it was broken :o

What I don't understand from this is where this idea that whole swathes of the park are going to be closed at once, its just not true. Following Space Mountains opening (scheduled for Mid June) pretty much the entire park will be open, subject to the random downtime that rides have as they go through their maintenance which nobody here can predict, and are announced around 3 months ahead of time.

Again I mentioned it was just a risk, I'd heard from somewhere else that the Space refurb might last a bit longer than first suggested and it's opening would run pretty close to the start of the BTM refurb. But of course that might end up being completely wrong! 

Guys, I wasn't saying Space Mountain should make or break a trip. But having had my first trip there without it, with tons of people telling me it's amazing and I will love it, it sucked. It's something you can see from quite a lot of the park, and knowing you can't go on it is annoying. Don't get me wrong, I still had an amazing time, but missing out on one of the best attractions there was a massive bummer.

Personally I feel Space Mountain is much better than BTM, even if that may feel more "Disney". Not having Space Mountain would (for me) be worse than not having BTM. I honestly don't see the "magic" in it. Something like Phantom Manor or Pirates being closed would bother me far more than BTM. 

Anyway, my previous post was literally a heads up that Space Mountain being shut might affect you more than you'd realise. I wasn't that bothered when I found out it was going to be shut on my first trip until I got there and saw it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...