Winterville!

TPJames

Hi all,

It looks like London's Victoria park will be occupying a new event this winter, presumably in competition to winter wonderland!

The event is called winterville and will be taking place from 2nd December to 1st January, taking place from 10am- late every day.

The event will feature a fairground, winter market, music and clubs along with various shows and attractions to experience as well as traditional ice skating.

The company has rumoured a set of traditional fairground rides as well as various rides from Europe debuting for the first time in the UK!

More information can be found here: http://winterville.co.uk

If anyone could find out anything about the ride line up I would be very happy, it's fairly close to hyde park and is an obvious rival, so I will hopefully be making a visit to both events :)

That looks pretty good in it's own respect, never been to WW so can't really compare. I'm more excited by the roller rink rather than the attractions, despite being embarrassingly clumsy.

I will probably have to give the roller-skating a go, I simply love doing it :lol:

The rollerdisco prices and ice rink prices aren't too overpriced either as they include skates, cheaper than winter wonderlands ice skating however it all depends on how big the rinks are.

I'd imagine this event as a whole will be quite busy, but a lot emptier in comparison to winter wonderland. Winter wonderland is receiving a lot of hype at the moment compared to this event which I luckily stumbled upon! Looking forward to visiting the two events now :)

• 4 weeks later...

This event has now started and will run till the 1st January, excluding Christmas and boxing day. Reviews have been ok so far however it seems like winter wonderland is still far the superior event.

Please be aware that if you are planning on visiting, opening times do vary and they can be viewed here: http://winterville.co.uk/opening-times/

The site doesn't appear to be particularly big and has been said to be roughly half the size of the site at winter wonderland; however there are far less people attending the event meaning it is much easier to roam around the event.

I will hopefully be visiting this site and winter wonderland soon, meaning I will get some photos and videos up from the events. The event seems to be on the cheaper side of winter wonderland as well, with the rides and attractions being cheaper but of a worse quality. For instance, the ice rink is smaller and the funfair has smaller rides and is not themed, however I will hopefully still be taking a peak round but I imagine winter wonderland will be far more impressive.

In terms of rides, the funfair is quite small and features: a Starflyer, A waltzer, A twister, A hyper explorer(seems like a very unique ride!), A funhouse, A ghost train, Penguin Dodgems and a crazy mouse coaster. A few smaller attractions feature as well however the average pricing of rides is £3, which is cheaper than winter wonderland but the rides are far less impressive.

All in all I will be definitely getting down to Winter wonderland however this is only a maybe depending on various factors. However stay tuned, I will be getting some videos up of Christmas events around London! :)

The people who are in charge of this event are naughty for lying saying there would be rides coming to this event from europe which had never been here before. If they are trying to claim Hyper Jet as one of them they cant as its been in this country since the start of the year and weve had a wild mouse in this country since before I was born! But it looks decent

The wild mouse is Janßen's from Germany. It is it's first debut in England so technically they weren't lying. Although they did imply multiple rides were turning up from Europe and the crazy mouse appears to be the only one. I'm guessing the starflyer tours in England as it's not a particular impressive one either. The funfair there just seems a bit like a bog standard UK funfair, will be interesting to take a look though.

It would have been nice if some bigger rides had decided to come over, I was imaging Manning's would have taken showtime there seeing as they didn't take it to winter wonderland and they took their waltzer to winterville as well. The addition of a couple of bigger rides would make the fair much nicer :)

To be fair, Winter Wonderland has only gotten to its size and popularity over several years, I remember when it was in the Dome and the first year or so at Hyde when there was a few rides and nothing else...

Winterville could easily sneak in as a cheaper and quieter alternative to WW if it garners some success...