TPMs resident DJ

pluk

Monday: The first record you ever bought.

Hey guys Dj Jordan here. I remember buying 5 tracks in the same day but I'll do 2 from my CDs and 3 from my iPad.

One of my favourite Songs from one of my favourite Bands. It was back in the summer the first time I heard this and always used to sing it and still to this day sing it. I saw them 2 years ago as a 4 piece and loved it so this year, I'm going to see them again but this time as a 3 piece Scott, Sean and Ritchie, I wonder what they're going to be like now.

Another song that I love as well, I also liked this band when I was younger I would of done year 3000 but I didn't want to be mainstream like everyone else lol. I saw them as Mcbusted last year and found them to be an amazing group together, I'm also going this year to see them.

My IPad has mostly all the time got this song on at full blast near enough all the time. I didn't really get into this band until after my cousins wedding and since then literally I am really happy when it comes on.

I love this Song so much it reminds me of the days that I used to bmxing and Sk8borda at Adventure Island even though it doesn't play this song it's just upbeat and rocky.

Last but not least my first Theme Park Related song and I highly doubt my last.

[/url]

This song is played on Sk8borda at Adventure Island. Literally this is one of my greatest memories of being at Adventure Island in the last 5 years.

Mods its only showing the link could one of you guys help me with it.

Tuesday: my hottest records right now.

I only hear this the otheir night and I think it's a phenomenal song. It shows the passion that has gone into the song with powerful mix of love and many other things. The only thing I can think about is this woman and this film (don't want to see it).

This song alone has a strange vibe. The song alone is about a werewolf trapped in a cage one is the stronger the other isn't. The choreography is powerful and moving which makes this song amazing and I love listenng to it when it comes on the radio.

I hope you like my day 2

Hey everybody I'm DJ PJ and what a line up we have for you this week. With so many tracks to choose from, I have thought long and hard to narrow it down just so I still have some (hopefully) good material if another round of hosting takes place! Got to leave a little trick up my sleeve - you know what I'm saying ;)

The 90's brought much cheer and joy and also plenty of disgust and hatred when it came to music with the birth of all these manufactured pop bands and characters specifically designed for children to grasp and spend their parents money on the never ending merchandise that was consistently popping up all over the place within the music world. At the mere age of 4 I remember the first song that I took a notice too which involved a screaming pink - yellow spotted maniac that caused havoc all over TV to much of enjoyment of people my own age but to the utter disgust and annoyance of people with passable intelligence.

I was aware of a northern lass belting out a chorus and helping a certain handful of lads on fire into the public eye to which 3 still remain to this day, but this did not interest me entirely whilst I was entertained by red coats dancing to the beats on a Saturday Night whilst pretending to flap like a silly bird and stand in a line repeating certain moves in a line like a Spanish Robot.

It was not until I reached the age of 7 when the likes of Girl Power reached their height and a certain baby and ginger grabbed my attention to the point I had to watch every TV show they would perform on and cutting out newspaper articles and photo trimmings to make my own dedicated scrap book to my first ever favourite band. Here my love for music started to grow - albeit to start off with on the cheesy side of life - to other manufactured creations. I then got to 8 years old when I was introduced to a virgin music megastore. You could say this was the Apple retail experience of it's day when I had finally saved enough money to buy my first ever £3.99 single. It was a moment that you will never forget, spending weeks saving up for a song that you had fallen in love with. One that will be your first single within your possession. I could not stand anything slow and soppy but I absolute loved anything that was upbeat and got your Bodyshakin!

http://youtu.be/bc6pdT1zOlI    

Yes call the Cops, my first single was from 911! (I can even still sing the rap :o )

PJ the DJ is back in da house and what a choice of songs we have out there for tonight's show!

I always find a good song to become obsessed with is on a drive home from work, when your trying to get yourself relaxed and want something entertaining to take your mind off things. Sometimes whilst listening to the radio a song will come on that just stands apart from the rest as it just sounds that little bit different. I do especially love it when they take a bit of the past and modernise it. One in particular at the moment involves an artist who is going down the Jazz/ Motown route and has teamed up with a DJ to have a creation that sounds like a cross of a beat from Jacko himself and a party dance where everyone sits in lines on the floor and starts slapping the floor side to side whilst clapping their hands in the middle, once in a while swaying around in wild circles. However this song I was originally going to play for you tonight was snapped up by Mer on this wonderful day of the week just a mere 4 weeks ago and to add a bit of variety to the listings, I thought I'd turn to the song that is for me still hot right now but has caught my attention just before it.

The funny thing is the prior 2 songs that have caught my attention of recent times has been from one of the local world famous DJ's from Scotland, one you could say was blamed to a Tango danced by Caroline Flack on Strictly last year. However the best tracks I sometimes find are when you are out and about and you've heard a track a few times on the radio and each time you hear it you turn the volume up louder and louder. I especially love it when it comes from an artist that has been well known for a while but when you hear the song a few times you did not realise it was by that particular artist. It's sometimes these moments when you are surprised to find out it's sung by someone you originally found dull but that recent song has made you look up and start to look at them in a fresh glowing light.

So between those two scottish songs, it's only right to choose the most recent and hottest tune right now, in more than one sense of the word   :blush:

Cheddar, Stilton, Goat, Leicester, Brie? My addiction to cheese in life has got me up in the middle of the night many a time to take a cheeky snack from the fridge in the twilight hours to take more than a fair few bites of those lovely flavours that can ride from the board and knife. That perfect combination with a cracker or a certain variety of biscuits, covered with a little bit of butter and once in a while accompanied greatly with some grapes. Not the healthiest of my weaknesses in life, I must admit. However this extreme love of cheese in fact also gave me a nickname at a certain end of the week restaurant themed to a circus during my time as a waiter, to the point when I saw anything smothered with cheese resulted in my grinning and lighting up a darkened room whilst twitching my fingers like a certain TV cheese lover with his dog. This is turn became so noticeable that managers even changed my name on the till, so every customer and new starter only knew me by the name of Wallace, that over time people even forgot what my real name actually was!

This fondness of cheese has throughout my lifetime infected itself into the music world, much more than your average Joe. This was probably helped by the fact that growing up in the world of manufactured music and auto tune, with the the industry also trying to bubble wrap a new generation of health and safety children, that the bubbly, colourful, sickly tunes became a love to me and also a major annoyance to those around me.

The good things with these type of songs, is that if your proud you like the songs that everyone pretends to hate, you get so much more enjoyment out of them. Also these type of songs are too inviting to not have a sing song too. There have been many victims within my car, some of which are inhabited within this forum itself, have been subjected to me belting out at the top of my untalented lungs - tunes that no man in his mid twenties should be dared to be associated with. There is in fact one album I have made for my car entitled Cheeseyoke! A song on it of which is being played to you today, to the many groans of a lot of my passengers. This love of joy for infectious pop with a need to join in with it, naturally made me become a huge fan of musical theatre, which in turn made me appreciate the theatrics in life - hence my love for a dark ride.

Some songs does not matter how many times you hear it, you cannot help but smile regardless of how crap you may have felt before it started playing. I unlike Matt Creek do not need to have an extra day to DJ for PJ to get a Disney song on the mix. For those who know the obsession of Phill Pritchard and I for some beady eye singing puppets, you know what is coming! Life is too short and you need a song here, right now, about why life's a happy song. 

http://youtu.be/t9_zKm2Ewaw

From my love of the Theatre, to a cheesy family entertainment show, the Muppets is just a perfect mix and their comeback with this opening title is proof how Cheesy music will always live on!

An earlier addition for you today, as later on the residents of Woking will see my prowl around strutting my skills of the DJ known as PJ...

Lots of people who first see the shell that encases PJ, believe my music tastes can be quite one sided. A bit of an embarrassing taste, and too much mainstream. But for all these people who are trying to crack open the shell, mainstream music is the music of choice to put on for those travelling in my compartment or lounging around my crib. There is more chance of it being socially acceptable whilst you get to know the person. After all it is mainstream for a reason!

But if you manage to go through my ipod, whilst scolling through the 7000 plus songs for your listening pleasure, due to the variety you will find on there - If you had no idea who the person was, you would not know where to begin on what type of individual owns the ipod in question. People are actually amazed by how varied my tastes can be, Listening from Musicals one moment followed by House followed by Pop/ Rock, followed by Indie, Classical, Heavy Metal - you get the picture. The likelihood is if you put on a tune for me, I will more than likely enjoy what I am listening too. There are good and bad songs of all genres of music. 

Now I have a soft spot for well known songs that are taken by a relatively unknown band at the time who then Rock it up and make it their own. You see I find a pop song rocked up to be so much better than the original. For example my favourite Jacko song involved a criminally insane dance move where he leaned over beyond the laws of gravity but when a certain colony of Ants made it their own - the song just went out of this world. Talking of falling another band took another one of his songs and tried to Beat the original version. 

This led me on to discovering a band that had two covers. One of which involved a certain flying snowman and the other involving a falling chandelier. These two covers I instantly fell in love with and many others I have introduced them too, also find they outrun the original versions. Because of their greatness I wanted to know more about this band and then started purchasing their vast number of albums and started listening to their own original songs. The combination of rock forwarded by a lady with a classical or operatic voice is a match made in heaven in my opinion. This particular band also is fantastic music for when you are getting on a Motorway and just want to turn that volume out loud and pelt it down those roads to an uplifting sound. Sometimes you may get angry or envious of others fortune and wish to have a glimpse of what they appear. I wish I had an angel!

Hope this may encourage you to check out other songs by the Finnish band NightWish. I have found out they are playing at the Wembley Arena on Saturday December 19th later this year and hope I will get the opportunity to see them live!

Another great choice here Peaj, liking the lineup so far

I often find my choices are the same in terms of variety. For example when I'm going somewhere on my playlist, one minute Katy Perry is playing, the next it may something from Iron Maiden and after that somthing from Disney [ Bare Necessities] ;)

So it's Friday. You've been working hard all week (Or messing about you filthy scumbag kids on their half term break) and after all that hard work, you want to relax - unwind and then get ready to PARTAAAAAYY!!!!

Generally these days for me to go on a night out or get ready for a good weekend, it involves a bit of travelling beforehand as the majority of the circle I have grown up with and of new people I happen to meet - No longer live in my area, so yes I could stay in the area with some pretty average people and have an OK weekend and drift through life oooooooorrr I just go that little bit further meet some fantastic people and have a weekend I can talk about for weeks to come.

Now whilst travelling to these destinations, to stop being that miserable, boring working guy from the Office, you put on some loud tunes - something fun, something that will get you into the spirit of what's to come for that Friday night, that will lead onto the memories of the weekend.

Talking about Friday Nights, I'm gonna do an advert. A Shout Out on this radio show. If you want to join Peaj and some other TPM members (Fish, MattyMoo, Scarycoasterboy, Iannem & Smidget) on a club night in Popworld, Guildford Friday 13th March 2015. Book up a travelodge room - Only £40 for the night at the moment. Crash with someone else who may be interested if need be. Drop a PM to say your coming so we know to look out for you - but I'm out partying that night so you can sort yourself out. But one thing for certain is that it's gonna be one hell of a night jumping all over the place and in the morning you will probably feel like you have been hit be a Tsunami!

DVBBS & Borgeous already had a fantastic club tune with this song, but as soon as they got vocals included from Tinie Tempah this track automatically just wants you to get up and rave and start jumping. Perfect for a Friday Night

I'll be editing this post later as not near a computer to do a proper link but for the time being, you look no further than this classic tune. Jack took what would of been my favourite record but as I like a bit of variety to be displayed you'll get what is in effect the best tune ever

Taking a bit of rock again with a bit of opera

What do those lyrics mean

Queen - bohemian rhapsody.

I'll be back tomorrow for a special edition of TPMs Radio Top 5 best songs

So as Sunday has for years always been traditional for the most successful songs of the week, I thought I'd put a spin this Sunday to include the most successful DJ'd songs on TPM Radio.

1st up is the song which would of been Saturday's Track as the best track of all time. Originally played by J.S217, It is Wake up Up from Evanescense.

2nd is my original hottest track right now, originally played by Mer, this would of been put on for a second time Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson.

3rd seems to be a popular 1st Single by some of our TPM members being played 2 times so far, it is Busted's Year 3000

4th to come on is Avicii's Levels, Hasn't managed to scrape an official video play but as had many links as notable considerations.

Finally our most played track on TPM Radio so far, Being played 3 times is the Killers, Mr. Brightside.

I hope you have enjoyed PJ DJ this week and that I did not fail to dissapoint. I have enjoyed my time on this end of the mic, and must congratulate the greatness of this topic overall. Peace Out

Apologies for lateness, first time I’ve actually gotten to a computer and not been on the go.

First record you ever bought…

The whole album really, but this is always a great start. I listened to others previously obviously, but this was the first thing I heard that made me want it straight away and realise that I could actually just go and buy it myself, mad thought back in that day. 

Hottest record in the world right now…

Taking that literally this is what I listened to today, a work hangover evidently. Music video's a bit too 'err...' to link to. :P 

A guilty pleasure… 

The moment where Pluk starts to regret the entire topic.