TPMs resident DJ

pluk

Tuesday - Hottest record in the world right now

This has only appeared in the last month or so, and Cornflakes and I had a big debate as to if it was appropriate to the film. I am a huge fan of trailer music, in particular IMAScore, TSFH and Hans Zimmer, however I thought the ST's Zimmer wrote for interstellar were very repetitive, something that he has become more so recently. Bergeson, the composer for TSFH, however, wrote the actual trailer music, which I personally find absolutely inspiring and phenomenal compared to the OST's by Zimmer for the same movie. In case you haven't already, get some money and go watch interstellar. Good movie, with a controversial ending. 

Very epic :)

I'm not denying the fact it was great, but whereas before Zimmer would elaborate on a melodic tool, I.E POTC, he now just uses it over and over. This may be the directors choice but I prefer variation if possible. The use of one chord on an organ building up and up was used multiple times, and unlike in this piece, full of melodies that work together brilliantly and have a full variation, the ones used in the movie were very basic. They worked, sure, but more variation I thought would have been nice. He's also done this recently in Spiderman 2.

Hi guys!

MONDAY - The first record you ever bought

Well I'm not completely sure what the first ever single I bought was. I didn't really buy any CDs until my mid-teens because I never really listened to much music until I was 12 or so. However looking at my iTunes purchase history, the first song I ever purchased was this!

It's kinda catchy and cheesy, but I wouldn't listen to it often! I think I might have downloaded it in 2006 or 2007, so quite a while ago now! Still a nice tune though :)

TUESDAY - Your hottest record in the world right now

I don't have one favourite song that stands out above all others at the moment, however I've had a soft spot for So Good To Me by Chris Malinchak. I just love the sound of it, reminds me of Animal Kingdom or Chessington because of it's African vibes <3 

To me it's a happy sound, but also so relaxing and let's me have a few minutes to reflect and look forward to the future! Wow I sound so cheesy :P

WEDNESDAY - A guilty pleasure

I know a lot of people love this song as Garrix is kinda popular at the moment, but for me it's a guilty pleasure! :P I think the song itself is awful, as are all of this guy's songs tbh. It's the same beat, same sort of melody in the same order over and over again, but this one I find annoyingly catchy! Nothing wrong with a bit of a rave now and then :D

New week, new DJ - have fun this week guys!MONDAY - The first record you ever bought:

Not particular proud to say this is the first one I bought...

Please believe me when I say better things are to come for the remainder of the week!

ahhh happy memories!!! Whenever this song would come on the radio I would sing along as loud as I could! :P

New week, new DJ - have fun this week guys!

MONDAY - The first record you ever bought:

Not particular proud to say this is the first one I bought...

Please believe me when I say better things are to come for the remainder of the week!

Oh god...

This just reminds me of when I was practically obsessed with this song at the age of 6! :blink: