February Half Term 2015

Marc

But your assuming Merlin coasters were ran one one train due to "laziness" when really you've no idea why they were?

No, I meant that BPB weren't running one train due to laziness, I didn't mention Merlin.

A guess for Merlin's reasoning would be that they only had one train built up, which is still poor IMO if that is the case.

No, I meant that BPB weren't running one train due to laziness, I didn't mention Merlin.

A guess for Merlin's reasoning would be that they only had one train built up, which is still poor IMO if that is the case.

Stealth had 2 built up with the 3rd being built now, not sure on swarm.

Stealth had 2 built up with the 3rd being built now, not sure on swarm.

Hmm, it probably could have run two then but to be honest I think that factoring in that there were only two major coasters that people had to get on, and the park was pretty much dead one was just about acceptable.  (However had the queue got above 20/25 minutes I would have hoped for the second one to be added).

I wish people would stop talking as if it is a 'Merlin' decision to run a ride on X number of trains... It is down to the individual park operational management. This is why Alton Towers and Thorpe Park often differ in terms of how many trains run on rides.

It also infuriates me this terminology, which is only seen when discussion Blackpool, of a 'one train service'. No. It's no service. Just call it 'low capacity' and be done with it.

If Nemesis (AT) was on 1 train I wouldn't gratify them with a 'one train service'. I would simply say it is on 'low capacity' whatever the reason.

As for the situation in February - some folks need to get over it. They have barely had time to strip down trains fully over winter by the time half term rolls in. And looking at some rides, such as Air, those crafts take one hell of a stripping and are some of the most complex ride vehicles in the world.

:)

Service just doesn't seem the right word. I'd say 1 train operation but it's not like it matters. Its just how people say things.

As for not enough time to strip the trains. That is a complete lie. Yeah they are complex, but if they wanted to they could have had full capacity going. Not that it was needed. Other parks manage it as does Thorpe. Just because they are running 1 train does not mean the other isn't ready.

I wish people would stop talking as if it is a 'Merlin' decision to run a ride on X number of trains... It is down to the individual park operational management. This is why Alton Towers and Thorpe Park often differ in terms of how many trains run on rides.

:)

While it is true that the parks spend their budget pretty much however they see fit I think it's well recognised that the budget given to the parks by Merlin is not sufficient for them to operate at their best or how park management want to. It may not be Merlin making these direct decisions, but it is their budgeting that make these failings an inevitability.

To quote Fred from another topic 'I do hate staff members who come and defend the park to the death' :rolleyes:

AIR was in a horrific state over Feb HT with restraint issues and questionable wheel standards. This was on one of the two trains, the other one looked spotless. So clearly they haven't managed to get two done in time... which is a shame, but I'm sure with Towers being just so amazing and perfect they'll have it done ASAP.

Oh, but if it's true that all trains - oh sorry, Crafts because Fred's keeping it 100% on brand - have been stripped down then I find it concerning, considering there was restraints with jammed vests that didn't actually retract to your body and instead left people hanging their shoulders on the bar, which when staff were told they just didn't give a damn.

Christ, next you'll be telling me Spinball's been refurbished too when the thing can't even centralise the cars this year

AIR was in a horrific state over Feb HT with restraint issues and questionable wheel standards. This was on one of the two trains, the other one looked spotless. So clearly they haven't managed to get two done in time... which is a shame, but I'm sure with Towers being just so amazing and perfect they'll have it done ASAP.

Err, what?  :lol:

Flipper's just gone crazy ;).

I didn't say the ride was presentable or anything, I just said that the bloody winter maintenance checks have been done, as you know they would be. The ride would not be running if not.

Plus you'd know from new parts that it takes a while for stuff to wear in - think new ride and it's downtime.

But in your last post you said they've stripped and rebuilt every train, so please, do make your mind up.

There's a difference between the whole ride being done, slap bang, lets go for 2015 no major work to do; and it being at an operatable state with further work to be carried out, ie Train one is done, train two can run but needs doing, and train three is in progress.

Anyway lets go back to talk about Thorpe from people who actually bother visiting.

Where have I said anything different? They have stripped and rebuilt every train - doesn't mean it'll look clean though, as that'll be up to rides staff. Numpty.

Anyway yes, onto those that have visited thorpe. They might know what they're talking about in their posts.

Again Fred, your post is confusing as I don't see any point in which I mention cleanliness? So just to clarify, the trains have had their winter maintenance, or have they had their maintenance checks? Because there is a difference and you should know this... My point remains, if they have all been stripped and refurbished, there's clearly going to be more work done relatively quickly as they actual train conditions on one of them looked untouched.

Also, loved the addition of 'numpty' was a nice touch that. Don't see how it's relevant though, although to be frank I don't really understand why anything you've contributed lately is productive to this topic, or Thorpe for that matter.

AIR was in a horrific state over Feb HT with restraint issues and questionable wheel standards. This was on one of the two trains, the other one looked spotless. 

Spotless = cleanliness. Winter Maintenance = full strip down and rebuild of trains. That's what happened.

• 2 weeks later...