February Half Term 2015

Marc

Well 1 train op, if there are 3 trains worth in the bays alone, followed by another 3-5 trains on the stairs to the control booth. If they were running at full capacity with 1 train then there should have been about 10 dispatches in the space of half an hour. Now they are not running at full capacity so it can easily be 30 minutes from there. 

^you went on a bad day. I went yesterday and the park was dead. Storm Surge's trough was getting filled up with water yesterday so it was signed off yesterday. Inferno could of still opened I got told its checks were done in December along with X and they were signed off. As well The Swarm broke down for 5 minutes yesterday whilst we were in the queue

It's a bit poor to only have one train on when there's a half an hour queue, and only two main rides open.

Like how Pepsi Max was on one train today? Swarm and Stealth have had next-to-no queues for 90% of the week. There haven't been any complains regarding people not being able to do as much as they wanted because of queues.

^you went on a bad day. I went yesterday and the park was dead. Storm Surge's trough was getting filled up with water yesterday so it was signed off yesterday. Inferno could of still opened I got told its checks were done in December along with X and they were signed off. As well The Swarm broke down for 5 minutes yesterday whilst we were in the queue

Storm Surge has not been signed off. Inferno has not been signed off. X has not been signed off.

Like how Pepsi Max was on one train today? Swarm and Stealth have had next-to-no queues for 90% of the week. There haven't been any complains regarding people not being able to do as much as they wanted because of queues.

Yeah, because of high winds, 25 MPH + compared with 8 in Chertsey (plus Thorpe's rides are barely effected by wind).  Anyways, not sure why you are using that as a counter argument for Thorpe as I'd still be moaning if I had to wait in a queue for PMBO on a one train service!

Went down to the Brainiac Live "Event" today and actually had a really enjoyable and fun day out!

Paying a five pound fee for a reduced line up, as an annual pass holder is beyond ridiculous, no matter if it's stated in the terms or conditions or not. However, once on park, I put this aside and really had a really exciting and fairly relaxed day.

Ridecount:

Swarm Forwards x7

Swarm Backwards x1

Stealth x13

Angry Birds 4D x1

Dodgems x1

Flying fish x1

Depth charge x1

Brainiac Live x1

Total: 26.

Overall notes:

-Swarm and stealth were on one train operation, with flying fish operating reduced rows. However, this didn't matter as queues didn't top 5-10minutes all day, with the exception of depth charge which I believe reached 15-25minutes.

-King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems had all of the cars operating which was great; first time I have seen all of the cars running! However, the smell is still absolutely disgusting and the ride time seemed considerably shorter than it was last year.

-Storm in a teacup had all of the turntables fixed which was great, however like the Dodgems, the ride time seemed shorter than usual!

-Inferno's Pizza Pasta turned out to be open, which was a big surprise. However, no one seemed to know this and there ended up being plenty of food for a little amount of people. The staff were also really friendly inside and it looks much better overall and feels more spacious. Only downside is that the tables at the moment look really tacky.

-All the staff today were really jolly, however most were quite slow at operations. This didn't matter though as there were virtually no queues and staff interactions were absolutely brilliant! The stealth ride team was amazing and on the last train of the day a ride host told us we had to hold our hands up the whole way round otherwise we owed her five pounds. The operator was also absolutely hilarious and was making jokes down the mic all day! #Onedirection5ever #IloveLiamPain #NyalisOk

-Brainiac Live was also great fun and I really enjoyed it. The lighting and atmosphere was amazing and the actual show was really hilarious, audience engaging and really fun to watch. The science experiments were also pretty cool!

It would have been nice to have a couple of more rides and attractions open, however what was open was running well and the day was relaxed and great fun overall. The sun was shining and the day was brilliant and I look forward to returning in the main season :)

Was slightly quieter today than my visit on Wednesday... Watched braniac live again and I absolutely love the lighting setup :P

Depth charge somehow broke down... Went there first thing to get a few goes before it got busy, one go, went back up and got told it has broken down, the water looked like it was going so must have been the conveyor belt. Was back open a bit later - angry birds 4d was also closed for like the first hour, apart from that everything seemed to be running well.

Was just about enough to do again for the day, although even just 1 more ride like X would have added the variety and would have been perfect rather than rerides which after 2 can become a bit annoying for me let alone non enthusiast family and friends aha!

Swarm x3 (front and back)

Stealth x4 (front and back)

Flying Fish x2

Dodgems x2

Depth Charge x1

Storm in a Teacup x1

Angry Birds 4D x1

Braniac Live x1

Total: 14/15

I keep thinking about Brainiac and how good it was, not to mention the preshow soundtrack! Good amount of audience participation and they were so organised. Even when some things went wrong they improvised well and knew how to handle it.

How I remember the faulty microphones! ("Turn these on! We're going to have to project this in DANCE! *does a small dance*") :D

I'm so glad I got video footage of it... :P

Went to Thorpe yesterday with my son who has just hit 1.4m, so it was his first Swarm and Stealth experience. He loved them! Overall we had a really nice day with the staff all happy and friendly. Brainiac Live was also really entertaining!

I'm interested to know, during the electric fence part of the show one of the Brainiacs bent over to pick something up and 'accidentally' gave himself an electric shock through his backside. It actually seemed quite genuine though, was this all part of the show?

I'm interested to know, during the electric fence part of the show one of the Brainiacs bent over to pick something up and 'accidentally' gave himself an electric shock through his backside. It actually seemed quite genuine though, was this all part of the show?

That happened when I went last weekend, so I'm guessing it is part of the show!