irvLj.gif

Let's try this again

What is Mafia?

The basic idea of Mafia is that out of all the people playing, there's a small group of Mafia trying to bring everyone else down. Everyone else is in the Town, otherwise called "villagers" or "innocents" or so forth.

The Town's goal is to get rid of all the scum players. They do this by taking a majority vote each game Day for who they want to get rid of. The Mafia's goal is to outlast all of the Townies until they control the majority vote, at which time there's nothing the Town can do to stop the scum from completely taking over. They can do this by avoiding being voted out and killing players during the Night phases following each game Day. The crowd that starts the game gets whittled down until eventually only one faction remains in the game.

So strategically, the game comes down to Townies finding and voting out the Mafia as often as possible. The Mafia tries to avoid getting voted out and kill off the players who threaten them at Night.

Feedback from Previous Game:

·      I didn’t know what to do

·      I couldn’t be bothered to read up all possible roles

·      Other players were too inactive/power roles were not used

·      The roles were too complex

·      It was not clear whether roles were town or mafia

·      There were too many players

·      WHY DID TOMMY GET EVERYONE TO ROLECLAIM AS SOON AS THE GAME STARTED? WHY DID NO ONE LYNCH NEMESIS FOR DAYS?!

LATEST UPDATE

What I Have Done to from Feedback:

·      The game will be using the F11 setup. This means every player will know all potential roles. There are only 4 different combinations of roles. Hopefully this gives town the needed motivation to find the scum.

·      F11 has less players and simpler roles.

·      Flavour: if the character is bad in their show, they are bad in this game!

·      Players who were inactive in the last game are barred from this one. Sorry. It takes time and effort to set this up and you couldn’t be bothered to post for days.

·      I am also going to the effort of posting descriptions of every role and possible combination in F11.

Roles:

·      Town Vanilla: No special powers.

·      Town Doctor: targets another player once per Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night. They are not told if their protection was successful.

·      Town Cop: a role that has the ability to investigate players at Night to discern their alignment. Players are not told if they are investigated.

·      Mafia Vanilla: a member of the Mafia with no special abilities. It is the Mafia-aligned equivalent of Town Vanilla. This is not to say that Vanillas are powerless - they have access to their Mafia's factional kill and factional chat.

·      Mafia Roleblocker: chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action. The target's night action will not be performed - that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working.

The Four Potential Setup Options:

1.     1 Mafia Vanilla, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Town.

2.     1 Mafia Vanilla, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Town.

3.     2 Mafia Vanillas, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Town.

4.     2 Mafia Vanillas, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Town.

Rules:

·      Standard forum rules apply.

·      No editing posts. Double/triple/etc posts are allowed however. Don't quote mod communication/role PMs (you can paraphrase), no out of thread communication unless your role allows it, no fake actions, and play within the spirit of the game.

·      Majority lynch. Please don't post after hammer. You may post after any day actions unless it looks like you just got killed obviously.

·      You may not post or communicate or any way if you have been killed.

·      Have fun!

·      If you have any questions ask me via PM.

·      You must post actively. This game is only as good as the level of activity.

Failure to follow these rules may result in you being removed from the game. You have been warned.

Lynching:

·      To format your vote please type "##vote targetname" in bold. ##unvote if you wish to remove your vote from someone but not put it on someone else yet. This is so I can easily see the vote.

·      I am going to have to manually count the votes so if you think I have got something wrong, tell me. If you abuse this, prepare to face my wrath!

Tips:

·      Since this is the first mafia game for many of you, I will give you all some words of wisdom.

·      To win this, the mafia are going to have to lie. Town should be very wary of assuming someone is on their side.

·      Not posting makes the game harder and less fun for everyone involved.

·      There are 7 town-aligned characters in this game and 2 mafia-aligned characters. There are no 3rd party characters.

The Flip:

The flip is one of the most useful parts of the game. When a player is killed, I will ‘flip’ their identity and reveal who has died, what their powers were and whether they were aligned with the town or mafia.

Format:  Player Name, Alignment + Role, Flavour Name was killed on Day/Night X.

Example:

6620958_std.jpg

Turtle, Town Vanilla, Popeye has died Night 1!

Players:

1. JoshC. - Town Vanilla, Killed Night 1
  2. Tommy - Mafia Roleblocker, Lynched Day 3
  3. Matt Creek
  4. Paige
  5. Peaj - Town Vanilla, Killed Night 2
  6. JamminGamer - Town Vanilla, Lynched Day 1
  7. Ryan - Town Vanilla, Lynched Day 1
  8. Alpengeist
  9. Pluk - Town Doctor, Killed Night 3

I would love to do this again as I had great fun last time and the fact your considering hosting another one makes me very happy

When you do signs ups would love to be included as I believe was quite active plus I used my powers daily, just people didn't know as I didn't want the mafia killing me knowing I could spy on a household at night hence my tactic was to defend I knew were innocent

• 2 weeks later...

“Christmas: a time where the entire family sits down to watch their favourite specials and this year is no different…. Or is it?.. Families around the world are waiting to watch the annual small extravaganza, when suddenly!~

THIS YEAR ONLY! WATCH YOUR SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON FAVOURITES FIGHT IT OUT FOR THE CROWN OF ULTIMATE CHARACTER!

Mum and Dad look at each other with a mixture of confusion worry. Should little Jimmy really be watching this? Well it’s too late now, he’s too jacked up on chocolate on candy canes.”

Roles are going out at the moment. If you have any issues etc just ask! The game will start on 2nd January. Can you either reply to the PM or post in the thread confirming you got it any know what is going on. Thanks pals!

Triple post, hot stuff.

So everyone has at least read their PM apart from MarkC. He hasn't logged on since the 8th so I'm looking for a replacement. Post or PM me if you want his spot

In the meantime... Day 1 has begun! Day 1 will end on the 5th of January at 7pm or when a majority vote is reached!

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 5

Players not voting: Alpengeist, JamminGamer, JoshC., MarkC, Matt Creek, Paige, Peaj, Pluk, Tommy

hl3I08L.gif

One last hint from the last game: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH TO OTHER PLAYERS.