Theme Park Documentary

MachoMachine

If you were interested in going down the route of park history and were particularly interested in the history of Thorpe Park, you should check out http://www.memoriesofthorpepark.co.uk/index.html. It's got plenty of amazing information.

I hope he won't mind me saying this but you could also talk to the man who is behind the site; Phill Pritchard  :)

That would entirely depend on what one finds interesting. I don't really find documentaries/programmes about gardening interesting, yet those exist...

An (arguably...) interesting angle could be comparing Thorpe's history to that of parks such as Chessie and Towers who have a longer period of history. It could explore the potential reasons why Thorpe has gone from a pit to what it is today in such a (comparable) short space of time, its development into a thrill park whilst Chessie became more family oriented, etc...

I think I'm gonna keep it based around Thorpe just because it's more easily accessible for me to get footage from and normally during pitching we're interrogated and I know more about Thorpe than any other place :P but easily can do comparisons with others, especially Alton Towers and Chessington for history and development. I think a nice segment on enthusiasts and meets will be interesting aswell to see the demographics (serious documentary stuff obviously ;) ) and so much more easy with doing interviews! (Also valid excuse to come to meets ;) )

Development and history to show how it's grown and matured (to an extent) will be good for a short doc. Gonna include a nice bit about fright nights too because it is bae <3

This is it! It's super basic and I don't need much detail, for the moment this'll be just to show research and participation within forums and including others who share the same interest with a different age sample.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QMBJH55

Questions are all different and muddled due to the fact I'll organise it into charts later. Super great big thank you if you do it :)

If you could somehow inform me if you've done it then that'll be reaaaally helpful. 

Edited by Amarghh