New for 2015 - Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

pluk

• 9 months later...

I was surprised to find when visiting Alton this year that this ride seems to have a height/age restriction? 

I rode it first thing at 9.30am without a problem with my friend, both aged early 20s, and then when trying to join the queue later in the day we were told that we were too tall/old to ride? 

There seemed to be some confusion here? 

Maybe it's because of the crap throughput, the ride is aimed at children as their first 'experience' of something like this, not really adults unless they're going on with their kid, we went on as a group but I suspected that had me or the wife tried to go on alone later in the day when the queue was 40 minutes, they wouldn't have been too pleased with us.

Maybe it's because of the crap throughput, the ride is aimed at children as their first 'experience' of something like this, not really adults unless they're going on with their kid, we went on as a group but I suspected that had me or the wife tried to go on alone later in the day when the queue was 40 minutes, they wouldn't have been too pleased with us.

When we tried to ride the second time, the queue was 5 minutes, at most! 

That figures lol

I guess some people just like having a bit of power, someone stopped my son at chessie last year saying he was too short to go on the ride, so he showed him the wristband, to be told he still wasn't going on, eventually the ride op poked his head out the booth and told the op to stop being stupid as 'he's been on this more times than I can remember today'.

According to another member here there's a ride op on the Smiler who's quiet well known for their power trip attitude too, some people just do things the hard way because they can.