New for 2015 - Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

pluk

It's long been rumored the Enchanted Village is not the only new thing for Towers this year, and that the old beastie is finally to be replaced with a kiddie coaster on the same site as part of Ceebies expansion.

Photos taken by TowersStreet during the Christmas event seem to show that work is indeed happening on the site.

So what's it to be? I've heard Zamperla custom kidie coaster. No idea on the theme though, what Cebeeies property fits? How about Pingu? Make it all look like ice and the cars styled as a sliding Pingu on his stomach. 

I remember hearing a while ago about the possibility of a Mack Youngstar for that site.  Not sure if that's still possible now though.  

As for theme, Pingu would be good.  Also, just so that I can relive my childhood a little bit, I'd love to see a Teletubbies coaster! :P

Placing a coaster on Beastie's site only be a good move (makes what seems a very boring Uk Merlin year seem a bit better).

I'd be very happy for a Pingu Thorned coaster, especially after a certain Christmas advert last year ;).

Looking at those photos below, I'm certain something's going on that site next season, though I expect it'll be a May/June opening I expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Supports are on park for the rumoured coaster:  http://www.towersstreet.com/news/2015/supports-arrive-on-site-for-rumoured-cbeebies-coaster/

Come on now, manufacturer nerds - who do you think those supports are from?  ;)

Well, there's one thing I can say. It's definitely not B&M :P

Part of me thinks it may be either Gerstlauer or Zamperla, but that's just a guess (as they look smiler'ish)

d621e91fb7.jpg

Well Zierer have the square plates connecting to the track and look similar (plus Merlin have used them before as seen above).

WP_003177-1024x768.jpg

See the square bit that will connect to the track.

002.jpg

Zierer's also seem to have elongated tops to their lift hills causing long stairs at the top then a slight drop of as seen in the below photo.

WP_003176-1024x768.jpg

So yeah my guess is Zierer!

But I'm more intrigued by what the ride will be! It's got a decent structure it would seem (not some metal base frame) so it could be a decent layout. I'm also guessing they can have this open by March, not too difficult to do, small coasters can spring up quite quick and it's probably further ahead than Smiler was at this point in 2013.

Yeah, looks very Zierer to me.

Those supports look much more pleasing to the eye as opposed to a frame (as Mentioned above).

I would take a guess it'll be a coaster on the scale of the likes of Troublesome Trucks, Dragons Apprentice & Stinger).

Hopefully there will be a noticeable amount of theming added to the ride (to make up for its likely short length).

Zamp or Zierer, I'm just interested to see which Cbeebies IP they use for this. 

Merlin does have past experience with Zierer, but without planning permission, it's the good old guessing game!  :D

I'm expecting it to opened in May 2015, with marketing for the ride to start in February Half Term, I'm glad both the Theme Park & Resort are getting new attractions, 2015 will be a good year for Alton... (in terms of new attractions and opening times  ;))

Had been told Zamp with some certainty, but it looks nothing like any Zamp I can think of. But then it doesn't look exactly like any manufacturer I can think of off the top of my head. That Ziere is the closest by far.

How about the heme? What matches that colour? Some people on other forums seem sure it's Octonauts. The clolur of the supports loks like it exactly matches the colour of the Tweenies title lettering to me.