Funfair Rides

Thought I would share a little video of a ride I rode yesterday at a small funpark near me. This ride barely ever goes to the big fairs and sticks to the small funparks but is certainly one of my favourite rides I have ever ridden! It is certainly a bit boisterous as you get whipped round the sides a bit and hung upside down for ages(feeling like you are going to fall out) but it was truly an amazing experience!

Here is my little video(sub my youtube channel ;))

Hope you enjoyed it's the roller :P

Thought I would share a little video of a ride I rode yesterday at a small funpark near me. This ride barely ever goes to the big fairs and sticks to the small funparks but is certainly one of my favourite rides I have ever ridden! It is certainly a bit boisterous as you get whipped round the sides a bit and hung upside down for ages(feeling like you are going to fall out) but it was truly an amazing experience!

Here is my little video(sub my youtube channel ;))

Hope you enjoyed it's the roller :P

that's bloody trippy how the hell does that work probably makes you feal mega sick

that's bloody trippy how the hell does that work probably makes you feal mega sick

It's actually way more fun than it looks! When you're actually riding it, you don't have a clue where you are actually going, you just get thrown in all directions and hung upside down etc. It actually looks much worse from the outisde than when riding it but it is an amazing experience.

I remember seeing a video of one of them years ago, I really want to ride one!

I remember a few years ago this huge-ish fair came to my town and I remember this one ride that was so painful. It was like a waltzer, but the actual platform or whatever the waltzer cars spun along- not the cars individually, but the whole thing- went completely vertical! (I don't know if I'm explaining this very well) All you had were lap bars and I was quite a bit smaller than I am now (but I was above the height restriction!) and I felt as though I was going to fall out- it seemed like a total death trap to me! I know that was an awful explanation but has anyone else ever ridden a ride like this/knows of it?

Sounds like a superbowl?

Superbowl-Keighley.jpg

Not much of a fan either. Where was that? I prob went if it was our way. You go to the little one in Pitsea last week? Was small but alright.

Yes! That's the one! It was a few years ago, but at Glouscester Park (before it all got built over), fairly large and you just purchased a wristband. I heard there was one there, was considering going as it's literally down the road, but it didn't seem that great, so I didn't bother :P. How much was it?

I can't remember the starflyer if that was the one :o. Some people at school were saying how they went, didn't seem like anything special though! Sometimes we get decent fairs, but most are pretty naff. Did you go to the one at Northlands last year? I went and the man ripped me off at the fun house, charged me £2.00 when he initially said it was £1.00, but when he saw I only had a note, he decided it was £2.00 :angry2:. Things like that have really put me off fairs in general, but that's Essex for you I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news..... Or not but the UK is getting another Mondial Capriolo (also know to many as a torture device haha) it will be owned by Darren Matthews and shall be coming from france! Here is a video! http://youtu.be/7DKDkTaXEpc

Just going back to the Airmaxx, some of you have been asking me if I can find out where it will be touring as 2xtreme is no longer in the UK(at global village in dubai) and it is now the ONLY mondial capriolo in the UK. I can confirm that it is currently touring in England at the moment as I have contacted the matthews family and hope to be able to provide all of those enquiring a line up of where it will be going.

The family themselves own quite a few funfair rides including; a tivoli remix extreme orbiter, a kmg freak out, a jump and smile, a crazy mouse rollercoaster as well as others which are currently touring. The family tend to go to festivals, whether it is a music or a balloon festival etc. you tend to find them there. However, I have contacted them and will be hoping to get you the touring dates to all of you who wanted them. I will edit my posts when I have dates below:

Sonisphere Festival- 4th-6th July at Knebworth Park.

Its been touring the UK for a couple of weeks now as it was at a music festival with Graham Sedgwicks rock rage ride! And wait 2Xtreme is no longer in the uk? From what ive heard its still in dubai BUT its still owned by a uk showman and will be returning at some point!!

2xtreme is still in dubai along with TopBuzz 2 and take off with a couple of others. It is still under the ownership of Walter murphy but is rumoured to not be coming back until 2015 at the earliest due to it staying longer in dubai than originally planned. However, if it does return, which is unlikely, it will be back in time for hull and a couple of fairs around then.

Went past a fair in my town today which is currently being put up, it opens on the 3rd. I've always had really bad fairs to be honest, and never had this fair before, we had the other fair about 2-3 weeks ago. Unsure of the lineup at the moment but they have an X-Flight which I've always wanted to ride. Hopefully I will get down there at some point :)

Link - http://www.johndavisfunfairs.co.uk/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...