Funfair Rides

Does anyone know if mellors starflyer is currently on the southbank? Would be appreciated if someone could tell me as never ridden before :)

What does everyone think of the Extasy ride? I think it looks fab and I want thorpe to get one like this with music and custom sound effects!

The ride looks cool but the cycles are way too long and wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people throw up afterwards. Also I'm pretty sure that the price went down to €3-€3.50 this year so that must say something about the popularity of the ride. I think it is too intense and funfair like for a park like thorpe however it suits the prater perfectly.

Does anyone know if mellors starflyer is currently on the southbank? Would be appreciated if someone could tell me as never ridden before :)

I'm probably not being very much help... but funderworld last year had a star flyer, and funderworld is primarily mellors. and having been in london the other day, I'm presuming southbank is by london eye (as I don't actually have a clue aha), the star flyer there had different seats compared to when I rode the one at funderworld, so not sure?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bristol Balloon Fiesta next weekend, and they always seem to have a decent fair... I am literally hoping so bad that Danter's air is there again, had an amazingly long cycle in the day when it was really quiet (although unfortunately due to it's popularity the cycles were ridiculously short after), where every time it went to the ground we were facing down towards the ground which was unbelievable - my best ride experience ever! unfortunately though it seems like a case of luck as like vortex at thorpe park!

Bristol Balloon Fiesta next weekend, and they always seem to have a decent fair... I am literally hoping so bad that Danter's air is there again, had an amazingly long cycle in the day when it was really quiet (although unfortunately due to it's popularity the cycles were ridiculously short after), where every time it went to the ground we were facing down towards the ground which was unbelievable - my best ride experience ever! unfortunately though it seems like a case of luck as like vortex at thorpe park!

There should be the regular rides attending the festival, including the Dodgems, twists and waltzer. John parrish's extreme is also a regular and should be attending aswell.

There should hopefully be abie danters air and wild mouse, brewers midnight express(matterhorn), Harris' city hopper(jump and smile), and Hill's Miami trip 3. These are all currently at bob wilsons funfair in Gloucester so I imagine they will travel together to the fiesta straight afterwards. I am not 100% sure and will notify you if I get anymore info but these are the kind of rides you should expect there this year :)

UPDATE: AIR and WILD MOUSE have already pulled onto the grounds confirming their attendance this year. A children's Ferris wheel and wave swinger have also pulled on as well.

Pretty sure that's not the reason... The experience is much worse with the covers and there are very lengthy queues at the wonderground, the queues at the wonderground were MUCH longer than those at winter wonderland and I am fairly sure that is not the reason for the covers.

I paid £6 last night for it.. did feel slightly ripped off as it was a slightly shorter cycle... but still absolutely loved it!!!!

The superstar was decent... 3 rotations of the arm in the air. £3 each.

Extreme in the day time, the cycle went of for several minutes and felt like an eternity... actually had enough of it! bet it would have been nicer at night with shorter cycles although probably too short then! £3 each.

The waltzers that attend (probably danters) are always great fun, and I swear (due to the cars having brakes) that they only release them on full speed spin until the last bit, as well as cycles not lasting long enough. £3 each.

The wild mouse coaster was £4 and just felt really slow and felt a bit ripped off to be fair.

Air at £6 is a rip off... It is the same price at winter wonderland at that is generally priced at much higher. With regards to extreme I always find it great however was on it for exactly 25minutes once which is one hell of a ride time considering it was cheap night for £1.50 at Milton Keynes!

Also the mouse I payed £2.50 for so was decent however didn't get much spin and quite a short layout. Nothing compared to the likes of the rollercoasters in merlin parks but what do you expect.

Air at £6 is a rip off... It is the same price at winter wonderland at that is generally priced at much higher. With regards to extreme I always find it great however was on it for exactly 25minutes once which is one hell of a ride time considering it was cheap night for £1.50 at Milton Keynes!

Also the mouse I payed £2.50 for so was decent however didn't get much spin and quite a short layout. Nothing compared to the likes of the rollercoasters in merlin parks but what do you expect.

25 minutes!!!!!!!??????!?!???? I couldn't cope with a few lol!

and I know what do you expect, but feel I've been on better identical crazy/wild mouse'... so £4 just left me feeling a bit meh!

The operator was on the phone at the same time as operating so he just kept alternating between different cars cycling at the top(3 each at a time). Ovbiously the finale only lasts about 30seconds though at full speed but that's my favourite bit but the thing about it is that it isn't too intense and is quite comfortable compared to other models so rotating upside down at the top for a long time isn't too bad :)

It just made me feel sick the changing of cycles... More so when being on a flat angle compared to being up in the air... I love the finale at the end like you said! They used to do a section where the arms with the seats on would stop spinning and just held them as far up angle in the air as it could go while the main thing was spinning and played star wars music in time with it - always looked cool. But never seen it this year :(

It just made me feel sick the changing of cycles... More so when being on a flat angle compared to being up in the air... I love the finale at the end like you said! They used to do a section where the arms with the seats on would stop spinning and just held them as far up angle in the air as it could go while the main thing was spinning and played star wars music in time with it - always looked cool. But never seen it this year :(

I've always wanted the hang time but never got it. They usually only do it on long cycles but I've never seen or had it :(.

With regards to the superstar, was it a young kid operating as was always concerned if he was old enough and if the ride was safe :o

I've seen them do it on a busy night in past years even with an overall short cycle...

and I seen a woman in the booth, and an overenthusiastic bloke working on the ride dancing along to all the music aha!