Thorpe Park Opening Trip - 22-03-15

AJ

Just got home!

Thanks Peaj and everyone else for a great day EVEN THOUGH PAIGE JUMPED ON MY FOOT, BREAKING THE THORPELAW ;) I don't get to come to many meets, but when I do, it's really great that everyone acts as if they've seen you yesterday and is your best friend. That's great.

Who one spooning though, as I had to leave before the results

Another fantastic TPM meet. They all just seem to get bigger and better!

Despite arriving nearly 3 hours late, had a great day and was nice seeing everyone again, plus lots of new faces (over 25 attended the Peaj of the day).

Inferno pizza was very good except the slightly slow service. The plates were fine.

The spooning game was even more competitive than last time (maybe too competitive) as lots of pushing, pulling etc happened, got a bit violent at times, but the end result was worthwhile (I didn't partake this year due to lateness).

Highlights for me also included 3 rides in a row on Swam without leaving my seat & depth charge race with Peaj, Adam & Phill.

Despite vortex, Detty & Slammer being down plus no Caroulsel and 1 train Colossus, had a great day and cant wait til Cheessington meet (which I hope I can make).

We measured the plates for you guys and their surface area is well over 350cm sq. This is plenty of space, and after stacking cant fit up to 6 slices of pizza! In just 2 goes to the buffet thats 1 and a half pizzas. Whats the fuss?!

Yeah it was great fun today guys, I was well tired and fell asleep on the way home missing my bus, but hey ho got home in the end.

Probably won't see me for a little while, but I'll try come to some more meets later in the year. 

PS Ryan sorry for throwing so many sweets but I hope they were as yummy as the yummy ones from the bowling alley.

PPS. Gotta ask how was teh warm choclety milk? Again???

We measured the plates for you guys and their surface area is well over 350cm sq. This is plenty of space, and after stacking cant fit up to 6 slices of pizza! In just 2 goes to the buffet thats 1 and a half pizzas. Whats the fuss?!

They sound bigger than the ones they had in Feb half term, they really were tiny!

The spooning game was even more competitive than last time (maybe too competitive) as lots of pushing, pulling etc happened, got a bit violent at times, but the end result was worthwhile

and what was the score at the end

Haha yes - that is the amazing panoramic photo I got! :lol:

Started the day with a Loggers selfie:

db83b715050eee23ef2ca28a76aac1e7.jpg

Great meet, was good seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces :)

Although I feel like I wasn't as/couldn't be as social because of Spooning! Can't trust anyone ;)

It was far more violent than last year! I was doing so well, even after Peaj cracked my spoon in X...then the violence that I'd managed to avoid turned towards me in the Rush queue, blood was drawn thanks to Adam :P

4bad1656f2b71cd1f2c0bd8833ed8fb3.jpg

b67f6f4c22dbc1d0d00d551287ce55b8.jpg

Then I was tragically violated by Peaj and Jack <_< While everyone else stood and laughed! Will be having traumatic flashbacks for a while ;)

Oh and then after that, I was left to sit on my own like a lemon on Swarm, Stealth and Fish. Love you all too ;)

But it's ok. I have my complimentary spoons -_-

b9237a639dc993e36d93b5588234b9eb.jpg

There was over 25 people attending?!

27 :D They heard you weren't coming ;)

Who one spooning though, as I had to leave before the results

Worthy Mentions go to Kinnaird who battled like a trooper & Coasterdude who shaped his broken spoon into a knife but....

In 4th Place was Mer who won lot's of complimentary plastic small spoons

In 3rd was Scarycoasterboy who won 5 splattered chocolate eggs

In 2nd (Again) was Phill Pritchard who won easter themed Pick'N'Mix

AAAAaaaaaannnnndd

In 1st place was Celia Mae who won the Thorntons Easter Egg

27 :D They heard you weren't coming ;)

Worthy Mentions go to Kinnaird who battled like a trooper & Coasterdude who shaped his broken spoon into a knife but....

In 4th Place was Mer who won lot's of complimentary plastic small spoons

In 3rd was Scarycoasterboy who won 5 splattered chocolate eggs

In 2nd (Again) was Phill Pritchard who won easter themed Pick'N'Mix

AAAAaaaaaannnnndd

In 1st place was Celia Mae who won the Thorntons Easter Egg

And the best part is, quite a lot of the action was caught on video (which a Creaky member will edit together in the next week or so).

Guess I better make a 'proper' post or something.

It was genuinely a lovely day, and I actually enjoyed seeing and meeting new people! Since my first meet last year I feel much more relaxed around everyone and I really look forward to them!

Thanks to James for... Violating me and cutting my hand and KILLING my spoon in a single queue :( Also thanks to other James for forgetting about your spoon so the one Ryan destroyed could be replaced!

Thank you to Peaj for organising it as usual and for getting me on Saw properly!