'I'm a Celebrity' Attraction - 2015

JoshC.

One thing I quickly thought of, but I'm not sure how it works so I may be wrong. But... assuming "I'm a Celeb" will be heavily featured in the TV adverts this year, would that mean other channels such as channel 4 not showing this years advert? Or would Thorpe/ITV/other channels be happy for the advert to be shown on channels other than ITV?

One thing I quickly thought of, but I'm not sure how it works so I may be wrong. But... assuming "I'm a Celeb" will be heavily featured in the TV adverts this year, would that mean other channels such as channel 4 not showing this years advert? Or would Thorpe/ITV/other channels be happy for the advert to be shown on channels other than ITV?

It's possible they might; after all, CBeebies Land was advertised on other channel (though I guess that's different since BBC don't have adverts).

If worse comes to worse, Thorpe could run two adverts surely - one on ITV advertising I'm a Celeb, and a more generic one on other channels?

Whilst I was skeptic to this idea originally, I'm gradually warming up to it and think it could be a decent support attraction.

In terms of queue, there's only two things they can really do.

1/ cattle pen behind the bit where Fungle was (and seemed intact lastvyear).

2/ Reserve N ride or an equivalent try stem which requires a booking.

3/ both

Will be interesting to see.

It is likely that other channels would be unwilling to show the advert. However Thorpe only ever seem to advertise on ITV channels anyway so I don't see it as too much of an issue.

Rubbish, Thorpe (and Merlin) advertise all over.

I'm pretty certain other channels wouldn't care less about IAC on Thorpe advertising as long as it didn't include ITV logos and isn't around the time the program is actually on. Ceebeebeebebebies (which is a whole channel, not just a program) being plastered everywhere last year kind of proves that, as does deal or no deal gaming site and various TV board games adverts which appear everywhere.

I'd presumed fungle was being used as the queue, or even space for part of the attraction. 

The queue will probably just cattle pen up and down where Studio 13's queue was, with those ghastly temporary barriers running along the Safari fence until its initial popularity dies off. It could also potentially run through the chainsaw corridor, with the entrance actually being the old S13/Asylum exit, and the new exit being the current fire exit which actually leads right in to Inferno's gift shop to the right of the till. That would work perfect really.  

The video is utterly stupid, it's only going to drive people away if anything.

It seems to give the impression that you will be doing the real experience. They have chosen the most grusome clips including being in cages of insects etc. Whilst this may be what happens during the TV program, these experiences will not happen, they will only be simulated and it therefore gives a false impression.

It really wouldn't have been hard to make the advert better and more realistic of the actual experience.

It's clear the advert has been awfully rushed, as has most of the decisions thorpe park have made during recent developments.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The Ride was developed in conjunction with Falcons Treehouse. Theoretically an inspired company. It isn't an automatic sign of something superb.

This is a maze. It's not hard to do a maze well. I mean, some temporary mazes have incredibly good theming - see things like the original Boiler House, or the first incarnation of Carnival of Screams or something like that!

I still give little hoot to this attraction as I feel it is a dumbing down of the brands that Thorpe Park could create on its own.