Merlin VIP Annual Pass

AstroDan

what a load of crap, never heard so much rubbish. 

Instead of ranting on a forum that no one reads about rubbish, work a few extra shifts at work save up the 599 quid and buy one and stop being so god dam jealous. 

So you have pure contempt for those buying fast tracks too ? because they have more disposable income also? thats the only perk on the card fast track and the odd extra, which ALL annual pass holders got on the preview days and the 30 mins ride time on swarm. 

if your that concern or annoyed save your time and energy and go and do something productive, jealousy is not a nice thing to have. 

Love it when a theme park forum starts getting all wellfarey.

As you know I have a vip pass, but at £600 I have no intention of renewing.

Sebastian, a lot of vip pass holders in the past (and some still now) have taken the P*ss and it has caused a lot of animosity towards vip pass holders in general.  I am one of those which adhere to all the rules, don't take the mickey and even don't impact on throughputs by offering to fill empty seats !!! 

So its not jealousy.  Just like in all walks of life some people spoil it for everyone and users get tarnished with the same brush.

At the end of the day its a product that Merlin are offering and I think that for the new pass price of £699, then they will struggle to sell.  However, the inherent problem is that Merlin do not manage fastrack well, in that they oversell it.  So even vip pass holders are going to find in the future that the product they have purchased is being devalued by Merlins overselling.  See my photo on the previous page from Thorpe on Saturday for proof.   This is one of the main points for me not renewing.  When a park is selling a £50 per day unlimited coaster fastrack, then these queues are going to get bigger and bigger and bigger.

I enjoyed this year as a vip pass holder, but at the end of the day, it is Merlin parks that its for.

Instead of ranting on a forum that no one reads about rubbish, work a few extra shifts at work save up the 599 quid and buy one and stop being so god dam jealous. 

So you have pure contempt for those buying fast tracks too ? because they have more disposable income also? thats the only perk on the card fast track and the odd extra, which ALL annual pass holders got on the preview days and the 30 mins ride time on swarm. 

if your that concern or annoyed save your time and energy and go and do something productive, jealousy is not a nice thing to have. 

Are you for real?

Instead of ranting on a forum that no one reads about rubbish,

No one reads it?  2290 members, 199242 posts and the fact that there are 92 people online at this very second suggests otherwise.  If you're going to insult a forum then at least think about it!

Also, if you consider theme park discussion to be rubbish then I am forced to question why you signed up to a theme park forum.

work a few extra shifts at work save up the 599 quid and buy one and stop being so god dam jealous. 

Absolute nonsense, why would I want to waste that much money on a company I loathe, just to skip queues on mediocre (IMO) rides?  It's not jealousy, it's the fact that the overselling of Fastrack causes the main queue to be inconvenienced, as well as leaving those who have paid extra stuck in a queue almost as long!

No, it is not jealousy, it's the fact that Fastrack is run poorly, a dishonest system and slows down the main queue.

Take your own advice would be my suggestion.

Post of the year confirmed. 

Oh my lord. Coaster Jamie defending something.

Well I'll be damned...

Not sure I follow this?

I wasn't defending Thorpe, I was defending people's opinions on the Fastrack situation as they were being disregarded as rubbish by this person, but why is the idea of me defending something so strange?

I'm a vip pass holder and hate the name of the pass. The main reason I have them is for the unlimited fast track which benefits my daughter more than me and my wife. We only use the exit when directed by staff and like Paul if there isn't a queue we use the normal queue. I read someone's comment about us using it when it's not busy just because we don't want to walk further, sorry but I've seen tons of people use the fast track queue, then cut in at the end because they don't want to walk as far. I agree that there are some people that truly feel that they are VIP's and it annoys me the way I have seen some people with the passes talk to staff in parks like just because it has VIP on it they are above everyone else. I saw someone's comment about the drinks cups, my daughter doesn't drink fizzy drinks so hers is worthless and they leak anyway so they are pointless, I tend to buy a bottle that I know won't leak. My daughter wears her lanyard but that is because she collects the pop badges and keeps them on it.

I'm a vip pass holder and hate the name of the pass. The main reason I have them is for the unlimited fast track which benefits my daughter more than me and my wife. We only use the exit when directed by staff and like Paul if there isn't a queue we use the normal queue. I read someone's comment about us using it when it's not busy just because we don't want to walk further, sorry but I've seen tons of people use the fast track queue, then cut in at the end because they don't want to walk as far. I agree that there are some people that truly feel that they are VIP's and it annoys me the way I have seen some people with the passes talk to staff in parks like just because it has VIP on it they are above everyone else. I saw someone's comment about the drinks cups, my daughter doesn't drink fizzy drinks so hers is worthless and they leak anyway so they are pointless, I tend to buy a bottle that I know won't leak. My daughter wears her lanyard but that is because she collects the pop badges and keeps them on it.

Spot on.  People who use the system fairly and within the rules, I have no issue with them.  I still disagree with the system but that's down to Merlin rather than the customers, you can't blame people for using the service that they have paid for.

However, the people I do have a problem with are those who think that because they have the "VIP Pass" they are better than everyone else (for an example, only the other day at Alton Towers on The Smiler someone said "Can I have the front row because I'm Fastrack?") and abuse the system.  I feel sorry for the staff who have to put up with it.

Inconsiderate arseholes are not just limited to VIP pass holders, I've seen some shocking behaviour from Standard & Premium pass holders too.

I think I mentioned up thread about the woman on annual pass day demanding to be given priority in the queue oitside because she was a 'premium' passholder, only to be told by the Thorpe person, that most of the queue was premium pass holders and she would have to wait just like the rest of us.

How did I miss this?! 

Just for balance, I'm pretty well off and I don't buy fastrack or VIP because it is an obnoxious force for bad. It's morals, not money. When other people are looking at you like that I can assure you it's not jealously in their eyes.