Merlin VIP Annual Pass

AstroDan

They shouldn't offer front row when the fastrack entrances are closed as it adversely affects the main queue too much.  If (say) Colossus is on 1 train then it doesn't take many VIP passholders asking for front to completely ruin the front row queue for everyone else.

Looking at the T&Cs it also states that Scarefest mazes are excluded, but there's no mention of Fright Nights mazes which gets worse queues anyway.

Looking at the T&Cs it also states that Scarefest mazes are excluded, but there's no mention of Fright Nights mazes which gets worse queues anyway.

Scarefest last year allowed you access if you were willing to use a Golden Ticket, Fright Nights gave us one entry per maze per day, a piece of paper that had to be signed by the VIP host on collection and then by each maze host.

Last years T&C's excluded us from the mazes as well, but the "Tips & Tricks" booklet stated the opposite of the website, as usual two different answers.

• 2 weeks later...

So new passes are about now, nothing has changed to the pass really. The pack has changed though, now get a V.I.P key ring (chunky) Lanyard (much more in your face) & holder along with a pin badge. The new Tips & Tricks booklet is now pocket sized and comes with a handy ring to clip it on your lanyard... so far judging by the numbers they've only sold 250ish (these are all paid up) they are however allowing people to "lock in" their renewal but not pay until old pass expires, just how many people actually pay up after that I don't know.

Communication is already very poor and much the same as last year, the new booklet is already wrong as the VIP team made an error and listed a few kids rides as not being fastrack yet Thorpe Park confirmed fastrack is still available via the exit (you'd think these things were checked and double checked before sending to printers)

post-5447-0-98237100-1435579486_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-84976100-1435579488_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-90094800-1435579491_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-09739800-1435579495_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-39232700-1435579497_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-25120100-1435579499_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-24606200-1435579501_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-63255800-1435579503_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-36854700-1435579505_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-21926900-1435579521_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-48404400-1435579522_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-30460900-1435580093_thumb.jp

post-5447-0-53149100-1435580093_thumb.jp

I don't see the problem with the lanyard? It's no different to the Premium one and it's just a lanyard at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong, I'd new ever we wear one to a park, but the hate on them seems silly?

I don't like the premium ones either, it's a strange idea and the only reason people would actually wear one is to say "look I'm a premium/VIP passholder", and I don't see why anyone would want to do that other than because they somehow believe that they are better than non-passholders.

It's not strange at all, it's just a bloody lanyard.

The only people I know who wear them are geeks and children (especially with the whole pop badge craze). And most of them are probably wearing it because it's a bit of fun, not because they believe they are better, especially Premium pass holders!

It wouldn't surprise me that there are some who wear the lanyard as that badge of "I'm better than you", plenty of adults do it who are clearly not under the 'geek' or 'enthusiast' bracket...

I think people's moans aren't about the lanyards, but about the people wearing them, especially if people have had experiences where these passholders are playing the "but IIIII have an Annual Pass" card for some reason...

I couldn't care less mind...

With regards to the VIP lanyard if your wanting that bit extra your advised to wear the lanyard as staff may offer spontaneous VIP treatment. Even the Dungeons hand you a letter telling you to wear your lanyard so you can get fastrack access to the rides!

What... The dungeons are designed so that there shouldn't be a long wait for any section.

What... The dungeons are designed so that there shouldn't be a long wait for any section.

Seriously, you arrive and they take you straight to the lift and then your handed a wax sealed letter and a bag of coins. The letter talks of using the coins to get out of situations and can be used for priority death on the boat etc and tells you to make sure sure you keep that silver thingy round ye neck.

Seriously, you arrive and they take you straight to the lift and then your handed a wax sealed letter and a bag of coins. The letter talks of using the coins to get out of situations and can be used for priority death on the boat etc and tells you to make sure sure you keep that silver thingy round ye neck.

That is absolutely wrong.

As has been said the wait times are minimal thanks to the design of the attraction anyway...

If you put into perspective these is only 250? of these passes, its not going to make a blind bit of difference at all and makes the VIP holders who have paid alot of money for their passes feel more valued. 

If anyone thinks that Merlin will stick to only 1000 of these passes then they might need to think again.  They will sell as many as people want.  Last year only 850 (estimated) bought the pass out of a 1000 allocation, but I know for a fact that these vip pass were available to buy as late as May this year. 

I love the new terms and conditions which clearly state that they can change the price whenever they want.  My guess is, that if they don't sell well when they go on sale to everyone, then that price will come down to a level where they do sell and they will keep on selling until the no-one else wants one.

Anyhoo, my pass has expired now and I am not renewing.  I haven't downgraded to a standard or premium either.  May pop to Scarefest or Fright Nights, but apart from that will be taking a break from Merlin.

As for the Dungeons etc, I only ever used my pass once outside of a Theme Park and that was at the Weymouth tower thing and didn't get anything special.  But yeah, it happens.  People who seem to wear the lanyard get extra special treatment.  I never wore the damm lanyard, I hate the things.  Even my work one stays in my pocket !!! :lol:

Thanks for the screenshots Paul, interesting about Fright Night and Scarefest Mazes though.  I know they said that last year, but allowed us one entry into each maze at Alton and fastrack at Thorpe, but as they have said it again, maybe its not going to include those.  Good job I didn't renew then !! :)

As has been said the wait times are minimal thanks to the design of the attraction anyway...

If you put into perspective these is only 250? of these passes, its not going to make a blind bit of difference at all and makes the VIP holders who have paid alot of money for their passes feel more valued.

It's actually become apparent today the actual paid up renewals have hit 200 passes (so far) pass goes on general sale tomorrow at 9am and according to the terms it's only on sale for a month.

Lines will open on the 1st of July from 9am-5pm daily. Calls will be taken on a first come, first served basis. There’s a maximum purchase of 8 V.I.P. Merlin Annual Passes per household. We can’t offer any compensation to those in the phone queue line who miss out on the V.I.P. Merlin Annual Pass. V.I.P. Merlin Annual Passes can’t be purchased in conjunction with any other offer, including but not limited to renewal discounts and promotional offers. Lines will close at 5pm on Friday 31st July 2015.

Managed to find one of the Dungeon letters

post-5447-0-36392900-1435699404_thumb.jp

• 4 months later...