'I'm a Celebrity' Maze

pluk

Didn't think fastrack was sold for iac - last time I was there all the signs had been removed.

The fast track sign is back up now. I'm not sure if fast tracks were being sold but I know they accept priority passes. There was constantly people in the Fast track queue, and like said half of every group was being used for Fast track/disabled when I was there.

Was also like it today - apparently someone damaged the slide or something?  

Would explain why it was closed a couple of days ago, and the park have seemingly taken the decision that it's better to have the attraction with no cyclone finale instead of not having it open at all.  Must make the attraction feel quite incomplete though!

• 2 weeks later...

What is the point in building an experience attraction if the final section is closed off just months after opening?

Could've spent that money on their existing problems rather than creating more...

From what I've heard, there was some damage  to the finale.  Not of the park's fault and I'm sure they're just as worried and annoyed about it as guests.

The alternative is to just close the attraction until everything is ready, but that's even worse surely?

From what I've heard, there was some damage  to the finale.  Not of the park's fault and I'm sure they're just as worried and annoyed about it as guests.

The alternative is to just close the attraction until everything is ready, but that's even worse surely?

My friend contacted thorpe/merlin and complained about a visit to thorpe about delayed ride opening, poor ride availabilty etc. and managed to get a phone call back speaking to someone from merlin. and their reply, as for the delayed ride opening, that's down to saftey, well of course it is, but I'm sure they probably don't tell us, is that they don't have enough staff to cover for these issues when checking/testing in the early mornings ready for the park to open... And as this is the I'm a celeb topic of course, he was told thorpe is due to reopen the finale within the next week; so although not told the reason, things like this I'm sure there was a sufficient reason why, like damaged as rumoured. Although personally the finale is so poor anyway, the buttons that you might see at the top were there originally, and you went from the cruelty towers in two groups, so 5 buttons to press and hold down together to complete the challenge, well the buttons were already broke on preview night before it officially opened aha; so very poor, and then they went to the physical star idea, which isn't bad I guess. With it being closed fixing something I hope they've upped the mist to make it a bit slippery, cannons that actually shoot the foam rocks or balls etc, and well the whole point is the wind... and while they're at it, sort out the slide as it's so awful, a proper metal one would have been so much better, as this current one doesn't even slide properly!

From what I've heard, there was some damage to the finale. Not of the park's fault and I'm sure they're just as worried and annoyed about it as guests.

Yeah I agree that keeping it open is better than closing it completely, but are they letting guests know that they are queuing for an incomplete attraction?

Hopefully they get it fixed soon, as it is a shame to see a new attraction already not functioning the way it should, whether Thorpe are at fault or not.

Hahahahaha. Priceless excuse. Hahahahaha.

Aren't you the one who says Thorpe ignore guest feedback?

Now that they've listened to it, it is now "an excuse"?

---

Since this is a long term thing, I hope the park have been able to edit out ask reference to the cyclone in the Ant and Dec video.

The fire exit of the attraction leads onto the exit path of Nemesis Inferno which then leads into the shop. There's no gate or anything stopping you walking in, so on summer nights a whole big group of us found ourselves in IAC on trying to exit Ninferno?

If you don't know what the exit looks like, it's as dull as it possibly could be. Literally black walls that's it. I'm surprised the slide is gone completely but I can only imagine this is due to the fact pretty much everyone was getting stuck in it...!

Aren't you the one who says Thorpe ignore guest feedback?

Now that they've listened to it, it is now "an excuse"?

Hardly sounds like an improvement so does sound rather like somethings gone wrong and they can't be arsed to fix it, and use 'feedback' as an excuse instead of just being honest. 

I was told by someone from the I'm a Celeb team that some really tall guy went on it, kept running up the cyclone and head butted the fans so they closed it until further notice. The latest rumours are saying its reopening in 3 weeks.

When was that ??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk