'I'm a Celebrity' Maze

pluk

It's been confirmed by the park's Twitter. Strange move, really. I suppose if a somewhat minor attraction such as this is closed to make their major new attraction an overall better experience, it could be justified. Let's just hope DBGT:ROTD is a major improvement from last year's disappointment. If not, they have a lot to answer for.

IMG_6375.PNG

12 minutes ago, LostCityBoy said:

It's been confirmed by the park's Twitter.

I wouldn't trust anything Thorpe say on Twitter! :lol:

I think it's a shame that popular family rides sit rotting away whilst money is spent on things like this, which fizzle out after the first year or so.

If money was better spent, I don't think Thorpe wouldn't be in the mess it's in, but that's just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

And if budgets are cut, the park has to make choices and take them from somewhere. Odds are more actors being used in Ghost Train but no budget alteration to help this so something gets cut. It's annoying but a fundamental issue with Merlin.

In that case, why have they invested in rides/attractions that they can't run?

2 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I think it's a shame that popular family rides sit rotting away whilst money is spent on things like this, which fizzle out after the first year or so.

Completely agree here. Personally, I think the money spent on a IAC (surely the IP alone would've been very expensive?) should have spent on actually redeveloping Loggers Leap, a well established and somewhat major ride at the park. Now both attractions are suffering due to Merlin not looking at the future and only focusing on quick profit.

1 hour ago, Coaster said:

Unbelievable.  Why do they insist on throwing money away on short-term investments such as this?

Exactly. This money should have been used to spruce up the place in general. It just shows really really bad management and zero sense of direction.

I simply cannot believe they do not learn from past mistakes, totally shambolic !

Well this news has raised even more concerns I have over DBGTROTD. I suspect during peak times they will use those actors on whatever short sighted investment they have added to DBGT in an attempt to increase its capacity

Then again I suppose they could be using the actors as park entertainment during peak time which would be a nice addition and certainly a better use than spending the money on the abysmal "attraction" of IAC.

3 hours ago, Coaster said:

Unbelievable.  Why do they insist on throwing money away on short-term investments such as this?

The money they "throw" at these things is so little in the grand scheme of things - they can afford for short term investments to fill a gap.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if they are the dates it's open and not closed and simply being an error on the site..

19 minutes ago, Marc said:

The money they "throw" at these things is so little in the grand scheme of things - they can afford for short term investments to fill a gap.

But the money would be so much better spent on other things, like getting Loggers to a condition where it doesn't have to close, general park improvements; things that make a successful park, but don't directly draw people in.

Sadly, it seems that they can't see past short-term, which is damaging the park(s) in the long run IMO.

37 minutes ago, Marc said:

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they are the dates it's open and not closed and simply being an error on the site..

Surely stop-gap investment in a theme park is a bit of a weird route to take? Like whats the point in building and operating something that will barely least 3 years?

What's the point of bringing this attraction back if they're only opening it on off-peak days? I mean it'll reduce the two hour nightmare waits that it had during the summer, but I just don't see the point, it should've just closed it. 

Presumably it's so they can put more actors in ROTD on busy days, I see no other reason for them to close it unless they can't afford to pay the actors over a long period of time. 

I'm positive that the website is incorrect and will be open on peak days only as obviously it's not cost effective to have the number of staff it requires on the attraction when there isn't a queue to justify it. Thorpe don't want to be paying people to stand around when they could be sharing my demon outfit duties. If you think the computers running the VR had a hard time in the heat of those carriages, you try walking around in that demon monstrosity in a converted bit of shop, rumours that DBGTROTD is sponsored by Right Guard as yet TBC.

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2017 at 9:07 AM, kpnuts said:

Hi guys.... I got a sneak preview of the new IAC for this year and they have massively improved it with lots of audience participation and more actors and really love the new version. I guess this is why they can only afford to run it during peak times. Well worth a fresh visit I think.

We agree too!

Only ever done IAC twice, back in 2015 and only because there was no wait but thought I'd try it again today - still pretty naff but I did enjoy it more today and like what they've done with it - but - I really can't see it lasting a great deal longer due to the amount of actors the attraction requires.

Also when did they get rid of the photo bit with Forehead & Dec? 

• 3 weeks later...