'I'm a Celebrity' Maze

pluk

46 minutes ago, Marc said:

As has been said - it will be to use the resourcses of the actors and hosts throughout the Fright Night attractions - I'm sure one of the biggest criticisms last year was it was all last minute?!

It was yeah, but will the actors really be rehearsing/preparing for Fright Nights all day every day from the 4th September to when the event starts?

The park don't want to run the maze during Fright Nights in case people think it is a scare attraction.  In a similar vain, they don't want to turn it into a Fright Nights attraction in case people think it's the same old maze

It's being closed now because pretty much everyone involved in the maze is going to be working in a Fright Nights attraction in some way.  So, very soon after the closure, they're either going to be going through inductions and rehearsals or doing behind the scenes stuff.  Any leftover staff will probably be pumped into other areas (like the evening entertainment).  So it's in no way cost cutting

• 5 months later...

I think that is an error on the site. If you weren't going to open something at peak times then you'd save even more money and close it all together. Peak times are when they have more staff available as well. Also, IAC usually closes early September for FN so I feel those dates are actually more likely to be the open dates. 

And if budgets are cut, the park has to make choices and take them from somewhere. Odds are more actors being used in Ghost Train but no budget alteration to help this so something gets cut. It's annoying but a fundamental issue with Merlin.