Island Beats

JoshC.

Thorpe Park have released some more details about their new summer event, 'Island Beats':

NEW for 2015, scream to a different track this summer as ISLAND BEATS, a brand new summer music event, makes its way into THORPE PARK Resort. The stage has been set for a perfect fusion of rides and live music, including intimate performances from top music acts and extended ride times until 10pm.

In partnership with Universal Music, Global Entertainment, Capital FM and Showcase Live!, ISLAND BEATS will feature a diverse and current line-up for all music fans to enjoy. Catch a live gig at Tidal Wave after you’ve conquered Stealth, one of Europe’s tallest and fastest rollercoasters. Head to the Main Stage in Lost City, to see top acts from Universal Music, performing live on Friday and Saturday nights. Also enjoy the rides as the sun sets over the Resort.

A few of the music acts include:

11th July: The Vamps

24th July: Ella Eyre

1st August: Rizzle Kicks

21st August: Conor Maynard

And more!

Feel the pulse of the island like no other, with the perfect fusion of rides and vibes starting July 11th. Tickets on sale soon.

https://www.thorpepark.com/events-experiences/events/island-beats/

Not entirely sure whether this is a rebranding of Summer Nights, or whether the park will be open from 10am-10pm, with say a ticket available for if you enter after a certain time.  The 'Lost City stage' is currently being constructed by The Crust, so will be quite small and, as they say, intimate, which would make me think this will have limited tickets and thus be some sort of 'special Summer Nights' event. 

Sounds quite good, and The Vamps and Rizzle Kicks are two names that I've heard and are quite 'big', so hopefully this is a successful event.

The Vamps at Thorpe Park again... Really?

This "world class" event isn't being used for anything other than to make summer nights a more popular event however it will completely defeat the point of summer nights as queues for the rollercoasters will be massive right until closing time. Unless the event is a complete flop, of course ^_^

If this is the new, "world class" summer nights, I will be extremely annoyed.

The Vamps at Thorpe Park again... Really?

This "world class" event isn't being used for anything other than to make summer nights a more popular event however it will completely defeat the point of summer nights as queues for the rollercoasters will be massive right until closing time. Unless the event is a complete flop, of course ^_^

If this is the new, "world class" summer nights, I will be extremely annoyed.

The vamps didn't perform on park when they last visited.

When we were there the other day briefly I swear I saw a sign in Canada Creek that said something about these events costing £25 a ticket, with a 20% discount for annual pass holders.

How are the queues for rides at these events? I imagine a lot of groopies go in to adore their favourite band but is it worth it for us that don't give a crap about music to get some multi-rides in a short space of time? Or are the queues no different to a regular day?

When we were there the other day briefly I swear I saw a sign in Canada Creek that said something about these events costing £25 a ticket, with a 20% discount for annual pass holders.

How are the queues for rides at these events? I imagine a lot of groopies go in to adore their favourite band but is it worth it for us that don't give a crap about music to get some multi-rides in a short space of time? Or are the queues no different to a regular day?

I'm hoping (!?) that, that was the MOS nights which I have also seen advertised around the park.... well it looks like the music will be on the evenings after the park officially closes at 6/7, so if we just want to go on rides we'd still have to a pay a ticket like summer nights, but I reckon the queues shouldn't be affected too much as they may open more rides, or use two trains, and a lot of people are going to be watching the artists perform anyway rather than riding the whole time, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Yeah that's my hope, I'm not a 'music' person but my neighbours are and when they went to a similar event at our local park I asked if they went on the rides and they looked at me like I was mad and replied 'we went for the music not the rides'.

£20 is a bit steep though, hopefully that means they'll sell less tickets lol.

^Summer Nights last year was only charging £5 for annual pass holders for three hours of exclusive ride time with no queues. We even managed 39 rides in three hours!

If I were you I would wait and see if a summer nights style event returns, as this one is much more hefty in price and the concept of this is to watch some live music alongside a couple of rides whereas summer nights was purely based around riding rollercoasters in the sunset with minimal queueing times. The concept of this event is rather different so it has the potential to be much busier.

LOL that's like 5 mins queue time each. There are only 4 dates for this it seems, so maybe they'll alternative it with summer nights, one can hope.

Ministry of Sound is on the Thorpe site to book tickets, but it doesn't say when MOS is.

It says more acts to be announced... This looks like the replacement for summer nights, every Friday and saturday from whenever it starts in July til end of august.

As for ministry of sound they just don't seem tto want to release dates yet, as considering this time last year there had already been one MOS night... I do hope there isn't a problem and that it will go ahead at some point this year as would love to go, I can just see myself being busy though!

The best event at Thorpe Park I've ever been to will die if they replace Summer Nights with this. Severely disappointed if true. I had the best times I've ever had at Thorpe  during Summer Nights! Unless the music stuff is just an add-on it won't be worthwhile for me anymore. Ahh well, times change I suppose!

Let's be honest, Summer Nights in the empty park format were never going to last... For the exact reason people loved it...

Add in some apparently famous bands and the event will probably rise to £20+ base price... Of course ride whorers might still be happy, assuming most guests go and see bands instead of riding things...