Island Beats

JoshC.

Ride & Rave was made complete with the finale being a Pendulum DJ Set. Back then the line-up was pretty fantastic too for such a small event!

• Pendulum DJ Set
  • Tinchy Stryder
  • Rudimental
  • Skepta
  • The Wideboys
  • Majestic

If they had all those guys then I would actually buy an Annual Pass and go to every event.

• 1 month later...

So, a ton of the acts been announced to be performing during the event.  List put in spoilers because it's so long; I've also included links to all the 'smaller' acts social media pages / website...

6-10th July:

Concept
Exposure
Louisa Johnson

11th July:
The Vamps 

12-16th July:
Anttix
George Pelham
Peltsman

17th July:
Little Mix with:
Only the Young
Canary Swing
Friday at 4

18th July:

*Acts TBA*

19-23rd July:
Luke Towler
Avenue
Kieran Eldridge

24th July:
Ella Eyre with
Victoria
Jermain Jackman
Mic Lowry

25th July:
Stereo Kicks with
Taken
Luke Towler
In Hindsight

26-30th July:
Paige Monroe
LoudKidz
Tom Andrews

31st July:
Sigma DJ Set 

1st August:
Rizzle Kicks with:
Calvin Goldspink
The Parades
Alexa Goddard

2nd August:
Georgie Chapple
Joseph Wander
Jorge + Joy

3rd August:
Elyar Fox
Red
Laura Zocca

4th August:
*Acts TBA*

5-6th August:
The Waletones
Wolfe
Franklin Lake

7th August:
Professor Green with:
Everyll
Aidan Davis
Cleo

8th August:
Rixton with:
Jerry Williams
Kieran Alleyne
Brad Kavanagh

9-13th August:
The Mend
Tyler Rix
Misunderstood

14th August:
Wilkinson with:
David Stewart
Ava Lily
Joe Woolford

15th August:
DJ Fresh with:
IV Rox
Dee Freer
Misunderstood

16-20th August:
*Acts TBA*

21st August:
Conor Maynard with:
Concept

BB Diamond
Cahoots

23-27th August:
Sweet Riot
The Waiters
Callahan

29th August:
Union J

Dates that have been put in bold are when big performers (highlighted in red) are playing, and the rest of the acts on those dates are the supporting acts / play during the day at the Tidal Wave stage..  They play at The Crust Stage 6:30-9pm and require a concert ticket.

All other dates have acts that are performing at the Tidal Wave stage during the day, and are included with any standard entrance ticket.  They do two performances - one at 1pm, and one at 5pm (with the park open till either 6pm or 7pm).

At the moment, I count that as 64 different acts confirmed so far, with potentially up to 18 more still to be announced.  That's pretty impressive!  After having a look, there's certainly a mixture in how well known the smaller acts are - with the acts having anywhere between 100 to over 268,000 followers on Twitter.

Hopefully this will be successful for the park, and indeed for the performers.  It seems to have worked for some acts in the past (Anttix played at Thorpe in 2013 for example, and was virtually unheard of at the time.  He's now up to 143k followers on Twitter and seems to be doing alright for himself, as far as small acts go I guess...).  Would also be great for the park if they could continue to attract bigger and bigger names.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a bit related to summer nights as well... But just remembered that Colossus isn't going to be open when I went to book another ticket for summer nights. So according to the event brite page, only the swarm, saw the ride (which we know that will be closed), stealth, nemesis inferno and X... Is that all!?

So a bit related to summer nights as well... But just remembered that Colossus isn't going to be open when I went to book another ticket for summer nights. So according to the event brite page, only the swarm, saw the ride (which we know that will be closed), stealth, nemesis inferno and X... Is that all!?

Why isn't Colossus going to be open?

Ride line up has been published on the website:

"Soak up the summer vibes and enjoy exclusive after-hours coaster action at THORPE PARK Resort’s Summer Nights.

On Friday and Saturday nights over the summer, enjoy minimal queues on our top rollercoasters, and chill out with a relaxed party vibe across the Resort.

Rides Available:

SAW: The Ride

The SWARM

Stealth

Colossus

Nemesis Inferno

X

Tidal Wave

Storm Surge

Detonator

Tea Cups

Dodgems

Depth Charge

Flying Fish

Amity Beach (Weather dependent)"

It's a few more rides than last year, so I suppose they are expecting it to be slightly busier and are trying to target more families with a couple of smaller rides added to the line up. However, ride availability at Thorpe at the moment is so dreadful that I think you would be lucky to get anywhere near that number of rides on the list!

"As a special summer treat, we’re giving you 48 hours to grab tickets for the awesome acts headlining THORPE PARK Resort’s ISLAND BEATS for only £5pp – that’s half-price! You can even buy up to 10 tickets for you and your non-Passholder friends, as long as they come with you.

Don’t miss headline acts such as Little Mix, Ella Eyre, Rizzle Kicks every weekend of the summer, alongside extended ride times until 10pm on Friday and Saturday Nights – all for a limited offer of £5pp! Book Now! https://www.thorpepark.com/island-beats/events/island-beats/"

Offer ends tomorrow :)