Design a TPM logo competition

stretchy

Attention all fellow maniacs. The collective opps here at TPM have decreed a search for a new logo.

YES!!! A NEW LOGO!!!

So we are calling on you, YES YOU, to help us in our search. We know that you are the most wonderful group of creative minds ever assembled in one place. A group that can come up with whole ip's and storylines for new rides from just a single drawing of an unthemed building. A group that can dream up rumours of ride seats being put backwards seemingly from thin air. A most imaginative and productive group indeed, which is why we need you.

So what are we looking for? Well the current logo looks like:

1_tpm.png

The crew at TPM know that ideas always begin small, so you dont need to be the best artist in the world. We are looking for ideas as much as prettiness as ideas grow. For example the black and red logo (number 5) of the list below came about from Josh saying,

Is there anyway you could just get a silhouette of the Stealth image and then have 'Thorpe Park Mania' going between the airtime hills?

Then some fool with 5 minutes over lunch knocked it up creating number 5. It was then improved on to give the hot and steamy bottom one (number 6).

Or if you simply think the current logo is wonderful then tell us, sticking with that is also an option.

What do I win? Well since, I hope, the winning design will be created by all of us here, no matter who does the final bit of art work, we all win by getting a new shiny all purpose logo.

So - here are a few designs that the TPM team have knocked up.

• tpmlogo1.png
  • tpmlogo2_3.png
  • 11026793_10153215828908979_5856139764578
  • tpm2015.png
  • tpmstealth1.png
  • tpmstealth2-HOT.png
What do you think of them? Can you do better? Do you have an idea that could spark off someone else?

I like the idea of the first and, second one, just not how it's presented. The rest honestly, without being too harsh, are just too clunky and are inferior to the current one we have. I like the concept of the 6th one too though.

This is my fave:

tpmlogo2_3.png

But the strong drop shadow needs to go. I don't know, I feel like something is missing from it, but the silhouettes of the coasters changing colours through each letter is really good in my eyes. Maybe it's the colour scheme?

Honestly? I'd say the current one is a lot better than all of those designs.

That opinion is not unexpected! If most people think that then so be it. I think the current one looks a bit dated and childish somehow. I also think it doesn't work well on things like photo watermarks, That's not to say the suggested ones are right either.

I think 2 is the best of the suggestions by far! I know some efforts to get the wording in didn't work, how about something like this where the shape of the T in the top left is reflected in the text on the bottom right?

aa695bfe-0e96-48e0-9cfa-03544efa603a_zps

Excuse my 2 minutes in paint!

I prefer the first two original ones and I didn't mind the ones that stretchy has re-done. In all honesty though, the other 4 on the original post look really outdated. I used to aspire to be a graphic designer (lol), but alas I cannot draw on computers and the like and I know that many more members on here could do a really good job. I like the idea of it just saying 'TPM' as that's what many members refer to it to, so I suppose you could say that it seems a bit more for the members or something to that effect.

tpmstealth2-silhuette.png

This one also has potential, but the font and the anti-alias looks really off and jagged.

Anti aliasing - Totally agree. The above is a photoshop quick knockup jobbie. Whatever design is chosen, I would hope that someone with skills in a vector packages would take it and produce a scalable version. That means it would be smooth no matter what size.

[

That opinion is not unexpected! If most people think that then so be it. I think the current one looks a bit dated and childish somehow. I also think it doesn't work well on things like photo watermarks, That's not to say the suggested ones are right either.

I think 2 is the best of the suggestions by far! I know some efforts to get the wording in didn't work, how about something like this where the shape of the T in the top left is reflected in the text on the bottom right?

aa695bfe-0e96-48e0-9cfa-03544efa603a_zps

Excuse my 2 minutes in paint!

You mean something like this?

tpmlogo2_5.png

How long do I get to draw this? Because if this is going to take as long as my hansa project you could be waiting a while (if you at all choose mine)

Whilst we dont have any specific deadline for this, what we will probably do is at the end of the month create a short list and maybe have a vote off on it.

I'm not a logo designer in the slightest so these are awful but...

Simple logo with simple font?

0E7fbLo.png

Or a steampunk sort of version?

IdJ9mQm.png

Not too keen on either of mine as they're not polished at all, but I think the new logo should be similar to the current one as I quite like the current one! (Although it is outdated)