Design a TPM logo competition

stretchy

I really like the steam punk one (below), Those pipes are cool.

IdJ9mQm.png

OK I started this lunch time with the intention of doing the words filling a circle as asked for by Tuffpikk. But insanity quickly took over. I appologise for any sleepless nights, disturbed minds or mania caused by the next logo. The slogan across the middle started as "the forum changes after dark"but since it doesnt I then went to 'The fanboys change after dark' but thought that that would be sexist and that the fan girls have an equal ability to be maniacs after dark, so went back to the park slogan for fright nights.

TPM-after-dark1.png

• 9 months later...

I really like the steam punk one (below), Those pipes are cool.

OK I started this lunch time with the intention of doing the words filling a circle as asked for by Tuffpikk. But insanity quickly took over. I appologise for any sleepless nights, disturbed minds or mania caused by the next logo. The slogan across the middle started as "the forum changes after dark"but since it doesnt I then went to 'The fanboys change after dark' but thought that that would be sexist and that the fan girls have an equal ability to be maniacs after dark, so went back to the park slogan for fright nights.

TPM-after-dark1.png

Minds wanted?!

Can I just chime in with a quick English lesson, and I am not meaning to go against what Tommy said, at all. I would just like to say that language is vitally important on a forum. The words you use convey much more than you often mean'

e.g.

When StevenVig said

'No offence to anyone but all of these logos are terrible'

it is worded as a statement of fact and not his personal opinion. If he worded it as

'No offence to anyone but I think that all of these logos are terrible'

Which is, I think what he intended to say, I don't think Coaster Jamie would have felt the need to defend all the people who had dabbled in this experiment.

What I am trying to express is the need to differentiate between a fact and an opinion.

My science teacher used to drum into us the following saying

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but facts only become facts is they adhere to the scientific principle".

My English teacher would then embellish this by stating that

"if you have a fact word it as a fact, if you have an opinion, word it as an opinion. If you word an opinion as a fact or a fact as an opinion, someone will take offense".

If I am truly honest ,when I read StevenVig's post I was a little offended even though he said no offense. I was offended that it seemed to me that he had neglected to comprehend the first post of this thread, that said that implied this was about ideas and not final designs or artistic skill.

So with all of that in mind. As Tommy said, we didn't find a logo we liked.

Does that mean you still can't have a go? No! Throw your ideas in.

Does that mean that the competition is over? No! I think that if someone comes up with a killer logo then it will, as the name says, kill this logo,

Does that mean that we are staying with the current amazing logo? Sometimes it is only by trying other things that you appreciate the things you have. The need to change was driven only by a feeling that the current logo was becoming dated, at the moment we have proven that it isn't as dated as we think, But, as I have said above, if someone comes up with a killer logo then it will, as the name says, kill this logo,

And most importantly HAVE FUN!

• 2 months later...
On 18 February 2016 at 9:25 AM, stretchy said:

Does that mean you still can't have a go? No! Throw your ideas in.

Does that mean that the competition is over? No! I think that if someone comes up with a killer logo then it will, as the name says, kill this logo,

Does that mean that we are staying with the current amazing logo? Sometimes it is only by trying other things that you appreciate the things you have. The need to change was driven only by a feeling that the current logo was becoming dated, at the moment we have proven that it isn't as dated as we think, But, as I have said above, if someone comes up with a killer logo then it will, as the name says, kill this logo,

And most importantly HAVE FUN!

*** Along with the aesthetic change of the forums, we are still interested in your designs! ***

31 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Whichever idiot moderator deleted my post and left the one of me as Red Bird, can I refer you to rule 1B of the Forum Rules.................

If you want to get picky, I refer you to rules 1C and 1K. :)

NB:  I did not delete your post.