Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

• 2 weeks later...

Doubt it'll be B&M unless they have a prototype design up their sleeve. The only likely models missing would be a hyper, which they wouldn't be allowed, or a dive, which might be seen as too similar to Saw in its signature element and also practically impossible to put it in a big hole. Even if B&M did have a prototype coming this would likely be the long rumored 4D development of their wing rider and therefore undoubtedly too similar to Saw to be considered.

I'd say if anything B&M were pretty much the least likely manufacturer to be used next!

Just got to pray that Altons current development turn out to be a success which Thorpe can then try to emulate. Bring on the wood!

Thorpe's next coaster is crying out to be a wooden coaster IMO.  They have already taken steel coasters to their limits with plenty of inversions, a launch, different ride types (suspended, winged, sit down etc.) so now they need something with lots of airtime and preferably no inversions, and their height restriction limits an outstanding B&M hyper coaster, so wood is the way to go IMO!

It would be interesting to see something along those lines installed, but I'd really love to see a maurer or something airtimey installed. 

People say they have pushed steel to its limited but I am yet to see a coaster at thorpe that has more then a handful of seconds of ejector or air time. A lap bar ride of a significant height/length would be great, beit wood or steel, I'd seriously love to see something done where you can get a good amount of funny stomach feeling on a ride.

My main fear is that merlin may be too scared to let an airtime ride actually have exactly that, and rather then using a single ratchet restraint they'd use something like new texas giant where you get a lot less air time then the likes of boulder dash as you are held tightly in place rather then free to be thrown up and down as much as the ride dictates.

Intamin megalite like Piraten or the Mack equivalent... Pretty cheap, not too tall or a massive footprint. Island next to swarm. Spend lots on themeing and effects. Perfect.

Or more of a family coaster like Juvelen or even 13... I do enjoy fun rides as well, and I'm thinking practically due to their change in target market and the fact the rides appeal to everyone with a 1.2m height restriction.

I do think bigger the better sometimes... Shambhala is my favourite ride after my first of 20 goes in a weekend, I've come to appreciate airtime so much more now!

It's a while away anyway, an RMC also wouldn't be bad... Cmon, please me Thorpe, I'm not being that picky haha!

With Sonic is going from Alton, couldn't they send that to Thorpe.  Chessington has a Sonic type ride, but this type of 'family fun' ride is missing from Thorpe, the only coaster type ride they have got that doesn't invert is X and many people I know still refuse to go on a ride that flips (I'm not including Stealth in this since the height puts a lot off of that).

My son is 11 and he's done everything, aside from the water rides, his most favourite ride is Fury (and Sonic), with Thorpe's aparant new focus on the family market, wouldn't it makes sense to for the 'one after WC16' to be family orientated? As others have said a woodie, lap bar or sonic type ride and not something super extreme record breaking.

All Merlin parks need new rides, Thorpe & Towers have very much seen the lions share of investment (aside from one of them going wrong), Legoland has received a large chunk of investment (even if things have slowed down a lot in the last few years) whilst Chessington seems to have been given merely the leftovers when it comes to investment.

Back on topic though! Pretty sure and hopeful it will be a coaster after the dark ride. Who will make it who knows but B&M, jack, GCI & RMC are likely candidates. Vekoma & Intamin are less likely and following g recent events it definitely won't be a Gerst.

Whatever it is, it's been in the works for long enough to be something big. There's the potential that the manufacturer of WC16 and the coaster after will be the same. Merlin like their deals.

Other than that, hmm, it'll probably try to fit in with The Swarm's theme and we'll finally get a new well-planned area. Hopefully something that won't look as out-of-place as The Swarm does behind Depth Charge.

I just had a thought what if they got rid of Rumba Rapids near then end of 2016 and created a larger Rapids ride something along the lines of Bengal River or River Quest using all the space Rumba took up mist effects and some River Quest type boats with a lift hill and the themeing element could be a large Volcano which could also feature a Whirlpool element. (After experiencing a few amazing Rapids rides, River Quest, Djengu River, to name a few) would love to see a brilliant rapids ride in the UK. 

Update the rapids with more Rapids and water features, and then make the indoor section like the inside of a volcano with flashing red and orange lights and possibly a water effect randomly going off like in Zufari but that actually gets you wet; would be so awesome as I do love Rapids, just rumba is a little disappointing with how much potential it's got. And then on the lake could have a large flat ride, or as I'd love to see (although not so sure I love the throughput of) an Intamin Zacspin! :)

Anyone know the manufacturer of these ? (instagram video as I don't know what they're called to search yt)

Not only do they rotate 360 but the seats do as well, they ride really well! I wish they'd replace vortex with it (I know that's unlikely but I can dream)

Always a bonus of festivals as they always have one  :wub: easily the best flat experience I've ever had

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024
  • JoshC. pinned this topic