Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/J_Silkstone/status/1591891248180527104

Using this as its the first one I found and others are on facebook groups that may link

Due to Exodus construction requiring the train shed to be demolished, the Canada Creek Stock and the last remaining Treasure island loco on site (the other loco  and coaches left to other lines years ago)

The Canada creek locos I have heard are heading up to a line in Scotland, probably needing a  bit of work by Severn Lamb (the manufacturer who also made the ride vehicles for DBGT), though even the one that had a fire put in its cab and put on its side is still in good nick, the design of those locos used a diesel engine and hydraulic pump in the tender with only a hydraulic motor in the loco that they themed for fright nights

The Treasure Island loco has been sold as well but is first retuning to its manufacture Alan Keef for a full overhaul before moving on

so even though some posts said wrongly, they are not being scrapped

11 hours ago, 1729 said:

https://twitter.com/J_Silkstone/status/1591891248180527104

Using this as its the first one I found and others are on facebook groups that may link

Due to Exodus construction requiring the train shed to be demolished, the Canada Creek Stock and the last remaining Treasure island loco on site (the other loco  and coaches left to other lines years ago)

The Canada creek locos I have heard are heading up to a line in Scotland, probably needing a  bit of work by Severn Lamb (the manufacturer who also made the ride vehicles for DBGT), though even the one that had a fire put in its cab and put on its side is still in good nick, the design of those locos used a diesel engine and hydraulic pump in the tender with only a hydraulic motor in the loco that they themed for fright nights

The Treasure Island loco has been sold as well but is first retuning to its manufacture Alan Keef for a full overhaul before moving on

so even though some posts said wrongly, they are not being scrapped

This is actually really exciting to hear. I never for a second even considered the fact that they might be repurposed - my mind just jumped straight to them being thrown on the scrap heap. Really excited at the possibility of other people being able to enjoy what once was, allowing Canada Creek to live on in some way or another!

From facebook from the person who hauled the stock out, one set is going to East Links Family Park in Dunbar

As for the thought they be scrapped straight away

Fact is the rolling stock there are solid commercial machines and are relatively robust, plus they would been relatively well looked after

Fact about railway stuff, its rare stuff is outright scrapped as long as its decent and usable with a bit of TLC the thorpe stuff is more than 

• 3 weeks later...

paarrrrrrup, well I've heard some rumours that exodus has been cancelled from thorpe park, and another ride is leaving, (music neel neel neel neel neel neel neel neel)

if you want to destroy really good things, Merlin, you can BEEP it's gonna be **** will you be riding that 2024, it's actually 2025 I think, it could have been a lot better, slightly better paced

it's your fault Merlin, that's what I said, you, why's it 2025, they've delayed it, I'm officially done, bye Exodus

38 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I know it's Christmas etc., but the lack of anything of any note happening on the Exodus site, other than the removal of the train and Rocky Express and not much else, is quite concerning. You'd think they'd want to make up for lost time...

They're spending time on treating the Rocky removal with the correct reverence it deserves.

And maybe trying to work out if they can fit Apocalypse in there too.

I know what you mean.

I wonder if it’s down to getting contractors etc in.

It’s not like there are hundreds of construction workers sat in a big hall somewhere waiting for the phone to ring - I imagine they’re all busy and have work booked for the immediate future at least?

TP have only recently been given the green light - the lead time hasn’t been there for them :(

Generally speaking this shouldn't take long to build.  There isnt significant earth works, steel construction is rapid and there isnt any significant foundations or buildings. 

If I had to organise that site I wouldn't attempt to start in December or January due to weather. To keep costs down you want as short of a programme as possible. Especially as an awful lot of construction workers and plant at the moment is being used up on HS2 pushing prices up. I suspect what is limiting the construction at the moment is actually future crane hire. Its not easy to get a 250ft cran in the UK, the waiting list is literally years. 

That aside a multi million pound investment during a cost of living crisis and the start of a recession. It would be prudent for Merlin to reassess the return on investments. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at oasis fun pools and that one says it's good but it has to be busier. yeah you have to book I think. not like the other one, wally world, that one is turn up but the stuff is not as good. oasis you have to queue or book but that's the turnip. disappearing twice in the same day   x  y  and  1 2 2 2 2 2 2 and 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 and

3 hours ago, Parm Pap said:

I looked at oasis fun pools and that one says it's good but it has to be busier. yeah you have to book I think. not like the other one, wally world, that one is turn up but the stuff is not as good. oasis you have to queue or book but that's the turnip. disappearing twice in the same day   x  y  and  1 2 2 2 2 2 2 and 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 and

You've had some fun silly posts, but there comes a point when you cross a line and it just reads like a spam bot. This is the point.

Let's stop the overt obtuseness now please.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024