Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

52 minutes ago, Benin said:

Someone should've nipped it all in the bud AGES ago. Reported it enough times.

Reports were seen, but am a terrible mod and didn't respond to them.

With the forums being quiet, and with Parm's posts usually getting some reaction whilst also having an obvious relevance to Exodus, was letting things slide. But yeah, posts which read literally like a spam bot are too much.

1 hour ago, Parm Pap said:

oh. it is not that easy. revealing too much is no option, revealing a bit is all I can.

if you don't balance the reveal with the light, the reveal is not possible.

I will take my reveal elsewhere and bid you good day.

If you leave the reveal entirely in darkness, then there is no light. You cannot balance the ying without a yang.

Always happy to have some fun, silly, cryptic posts. Always happy to play along if it's not too much. But there is such a thing as being too much.

16 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

This is all very well but we are straying from the elephant in the room - is Rocky Express coming back for 2023 or not?

You just love to watch the world burn don't you ;) haha!

There's been huge progress made on clearance in Old Town

https://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page/Thorpe-Park-Old-Town-Demolition-Begins

Really excited to see this progressing this year!

On 1/6/2023 at 10:44 AM, JoshC. said:

If you leave the reveal entirely in darkness, then there is no light. You cannot balance the ying without a yang.

Always happy to have some fun, silly, cryptic posts. Always happy to play along if it's not too much. But there is such a thing as being too much.

you've done it now. there was inaction, when there should have been steps taken, and this is why. some slacking caused the delay in the lake and that must be rectified.

there will be no more exodus updates on the forum. there will be no more Pressing matters on this site.

you can catch my progress on my new web page coming soon. until then, ding dong, ding dong.

Ground Pin supports for exodus have arrived, according to the Thorpe Park Facebook group. 

I’d post pictures but honestly it’s not that interesting, Just pieces of metal rods.

Regarding exodus, I think the bigger milestones for this project will come later when the site is fully cleared and track is going up.

Everything happening right now is relatively minor.

I think 2024 opening is still on the cards, and I don’t believe this coaster will have deep theming.

I just hope it’s an original name like exodus is as a project name. Not Netflix: The Ride as some way to sponsor the U.Ks Tallest Coaster 

It tries to be this themed experience park though. 

All recent investments have been to try to immerse yourself in the specific attractions.

However, Stealth has a light theme. So I hope we at least something similar.

I just kinda hoped when it was first annouced it would be similar thematic experience as wickerman. Clearly this won’t be the case

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely thrilled Exodus is coming, but I have to say I’m really sad to see Loggers finally being demolished 😢

Bringing back the log flume would have been nearly  equally as welcome as this new ride in this location, in my eyes at least. It was fab.

D34CFF95-E65C-4865-83DB-BD90D9962666.jpeg

Yeah I have to somewhat agree to be honest. Although I never really saw Loggers Leap as an overly impressive log flume (theming wise), you have to give credit where credit is due - it was an incredibly iconic attraction at the very least.

It's a shame really, log flumes are quickly becoming a rarity in the UK now (in fact, water rides in general are!) and whilst I'm ecstatic for Project Exodus, yet another rollercoaster in a park that's already got rollercoasters taking up the majority of the space there is a little disappointing. Slightly off topic, but those calling for a new rollercoaster in place of DBGT (firstly, hold your horses there folks - it's not even fully confirmed to have left the resort yet!) are making a mistake imo.

Thorpe Park have an incredible rollercoaster lineup - even more so with the imminent arrival of Project Exodus - I really think they need to start focusing on high quality flat and dark rides next. That is where the park is seriously lacking.

Thorpe (and Towers) used to be really good on the flat ride front.

Alas I think with the whole "new rides must have an USP" approach; gone are the days where parks would add 1 or 2 small flats on the quiet years.

Only time that happens now it seems is when got some going cheap from another Merlin property. Chessie gets more flat ride investment!

22 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Very true on the water ride front, you would imagine that Rumba (not so) Rapids must be earmarked for future development. 

According to the top secret (?) Thorpe Park Passholder Facebook group it's on the cards for a bit of lovin' soon... exactly what that entails is anyone's guess but blimey does it need it. I don't think I've ever gotten even a single drop of water on me on that ride and the theming (or lack thereof) is abysmal.

11 minutes ago, Benin said:

Thorpe (and Towers) used to be really good on the flat ride front.

Whilst they haven't had a new (non-kiddie) flat ride in 9 years - yes, I'm counting the Dodgems - I'd still argue Thorpe's flat ride collection is decent. Good variety and good amount.

Is it as impressive as it was 10 years ago? No. Is it still better than a lot of other parks? Tbf, yeah

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024