Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

Thorpe have just confirmed that a new coaster is coming on their socialz in case anyone didn't know.

And also announcing, the thing that everyone wanted, Club 236.

Nice and complicated for no real reason. Just enter everyone who visits with an annual pass, lads.

Dome restaurant to be called Bar 236 this year, d'ya reckon? It's due a rebrand.

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Thorpe have just confirmed that a new coaster is coming on their socialz in case anyone didn't know.

And also announcing, the thing that everyone wanted, Club 236.

Nice and complicated for no real reason. Just enter everyone who visits with an annual pass, lads.

Dome restaurant to be called Bar 236 this year, d'ya reckon? It's due a rebrand.

At this rate I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just name the coaster '236'

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ML27 said:

It is funny, thorpe is getting the UKs tallest rollercoaster and there’s nothing to talk about as it’s explicitly being documented. The days of speculation are over

It's not even like we can even properly speculate about the name or theme because we haven't even been given an inch for that - not even a teaser! Hopefully we'll have some graphics on that big white construction wall this season teasing something so we can at least speculate a little bit, but the park seem to be giving us everything or nothing at all at the minute!

8ECB46BA-759B-42D2-9138-14439DBC4F31.thumb.jpeg.7ef4ea8017440ec018779d491f4eda98.jpeg

All credit to those above.

They’ve finally filled that blank space, nothing necessarily which to tease anything. 

On a GP level it’s a good teaser to get people excited at what it maybe. “Taking thrills to new height”. It’s a good idea remember that most people walking past this sign would have never heard about exodus. I think these references and hints are what I would have personally preferred to teasing exodus. Rather than info-splurge (on tbf fan groups) but that’s what I would have prefered….

• 2 weeks later...

This is very random and will probably not be of too much interest to many people but I had to mention it somewhere.

If Exodus does happen go down the mountain theme (which makes the most sense in my opinion), I recon certain excerpts from Richard Strauss’ Alpine Symphony could work pretty well in the soundtrack for the ride as that piece is all about scaling a mountain and is very programmatic in places. Also the piece is of music is out of copyright so it would be relatively easy to pull off, similarly to why Towers use In the Hall of the Mountain King.

Random post over, I will return to lurking in the background looking at posts and barely ever saying anything 😊

4B5143E1-5AFB-4C0B-B492-CF0D6A309ED4.thumb.jpeg.e6b7a31722c06897a2114a05525a21d8.jpegC54B70AE-2633-4496-BCA9-FC8491401BD5.thumb.jpeg.05544a8d46fc856a6dfe122a476e9645.jpeg

Some new images from the Exodus22 Twitter account. I’ll start by stating that obviously the park does not want people doing this and is frowned upon. It’s legal at the end of the day and I think it provides something of discussion.

Amazing to see how much space there is, the more space they clear kinda makes me wish it was a whole area with multiple rides because of how much space will be unaccessible with just exodus.

Anyway, the space they are working on now looks to be where the foundations and supports for the lift hill will go. I wonder when we will see that lake cut off.

Whilst on project exodus, that Burger King in old town is definitely not staying. When Jack asked russ about a refurb in that Burger King when amity had one. Russ said that we would have to wait and see what the future holds. I sincerely hope, that there are plans which don’t require planning permission to refresh and retheme that whole area away from a western theme. It doesn’t make sense.

8 hours ago, Matt N said:

Are they making the lake bigger, by any chance? I only wondered because if that is the lake’s final size, the splashdown is further up the site than I’d imagined…

Lake looks tiny, I assume that they’ve started to infill parts of the lake or they will open it back up when construction is finished.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024