Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

Love gold as the colour. These days I’m not as regular a visitor to Thorpe as some others here, how’s the upkeep of coaster track compared to Towers? Hope this lovely gold is kept in good condition. I wonder if Exodus’s area will act as an extension to Lost City? The additional details in the application scream Lost City to me.

5 hours ago, Cornflakes said:

I wonder if Exodus’s area will act as an extension to Lost City? The additional details in the application scream Lost City to me.

The gold definitely gives me lost city vibes, I could see it working as an extension of that area 100%.

The only issue I have with this is the fading to white of the track. I know that probably have to do it for planning reason but I just feel it takes away from the scale and beauty of the coaster. Same with stealth in my opinion, I think the coaster would look better it was all one colour. Also the track fades to white at 32m, which is definitely less tall than swarm if I remember correctly. How come swarm doesn’t have to have the white for the top kinda 5/10 meters of its track?

FFA2AFF3-407C-407B-873B-B3AF84721253.thumb.jpeg.b79520c3af68c7b1047cb7affc0104f3.jpegED9D4C38-6992-4E98-93F0-DB0E478AF75D.thumb.jpeg.d2d82538ac328e97b34c07534ae3c3e8.jpeg

They have also uploaded plans for the station. 

I am happy we are at least getting a stylised ride. It will probably be similar to nemesis inferno. There’s no surrounding theming other than the station which is a volcano, no preshow or anything. But I think we all get the gist of the theme. It’s not as stylised as icon, it’s more themed compared to that.

It’s definitely an Egyptian theme, I’m so glad about because as everyone says, we have so many dark themes at thorpe and it’s different to a black track! It’s got much more interesting now

1 hour ago, JohnnyRocket said:

I'm not convinced it's Egyptian just yet, I still think it could be a mountain theme. The building is timber clad. The bird and the gold could be for a golden eagle - circling a mountain etc. It would suit the lake and forest setting well.

Definitely lots to speculate on though!

Good point - I was just about to hop on to say that I'm starting to doubt my prediction of an egyptian theme now (although don't get me wrong, I still think there's unlimited amounts of potential with such a concept and could be SO good if done right), mainly because the ride is obviously predominantly over the lake... doesn't quite fit the narrative of going for a desert theme does it.

Out of a mountain theme or an ancient Egyptian theme, I would choose the Egyptian theme any day of the week - but the more I sit and think about it, I'm leaning more towards it being the former rather than the latter.

Don't get me wrong, a mountain theme could also be pretty immense, but can't help but feel like you're fairly limited by what you can do theming wise with such a theme versus ancient Egypt... you've got hieroglyphics, mummies, etc which would all make for incredible theming. Whereas mountains? You've got the height and that's pretty much it.

I know the station doesn't look like it'll host a preshow, but I'd really like there to be one. I'd love for Exodus to be a complete encapsulating experience from the queue, ride duration all the way back into the station. At the very least, on board audio would be amazing (and something Thorpe haven't done yet!)

Me again, back for another flip-flop!

Tutu.jpg

Two posters in Trailers that originally had no meaning, both for X:\ODUS and Tutu's Revenge. X:\ODUS obviously we now know is the project name for this coaster, but Tutu's Revenge seemingly is still totally random, right..?

chrome_EldoVACtER.png.f209c820e388804380815ab00420b94e.png

Here's the Project Exodus colour palette, now take a look at a better picture of the Tutu's Revenge poster:

image.png.a04ee0d80f899d6d6b235eb209f273e2.png

Hmm... very interesting. The exact same colour scheme.

Contradicting my above post about Egypt being a desert and therefore the lake being a strange idea... take a look at the tagline for Tutu's Revenge... 'The Nile has a thousand eyes'. And what is the Nile? A river.

So now I'm back on trend for this being an egyptian themed coaster, and I'm even going as far as speculating that the name of the coaster will be Tutu's Revenge.

Egyptian themed would definitely be fun! And there's definitely plenty to hint at it being Egyptian.

I think I'll stand in the mountaineering theme camp for balance haha! Quite interesting that this bird-like statue that's been there way back since Canada Creek was still standing in Jack Silkstone's last update (2 weeks ago mind, so it may have gone now) - could it be a bit of inspo for a North American bird in a lake/wood/mountain setting?!

At this point though, it could still be literally anything! Quite fun not knowing still, we'd normally have quite detailed plans by this point!

image.thumb.png.8649d986a7dd4a0b3de1584d9117cc8a.png

2 minutes ago, JohnnyRocket said:

Egyptian themed would definitely be fun! And there's definitely plenty to hint at it being Egyptian.

I think I'll stand in the mountaineering theme camp for balance haha! Quite interesting that this bird-like statue that's been there way back since Canada Creek was still standing in Jack Silkstone's last update (2 weeks ago mind, so it may have gone now) - could it be a bit of inspo for a North American bird in a lake/wood/mountain setting?!

At this point though, it could still be literally anything! Quite fun not knowing still, we'd normally have quite detailed plans by this point!

image.thumb.png.8649d986a7dd4a0b3de1584d9117cc8a.png

I definitely feel like that theming piece is definitely still standing for a reason... if you take a look at the planning documents, you can see that there is a piece of theming on the station building that actually (now that you mention it!) very closely resembles that piece of theming... so I definitely think it's intentional:

1 hour ago, JohnnyRocket said:

Quite interesting that this bird-like statue that's been there way back since Canada Creek was still standing in Jack Silkstone's last update (2 weeks ago mind, so it may have gone now) - could it be a bit of inspo for a North American bird in a lake/wood/mountain setting?!

I seem to remember Jack saying that the bird was an old peice of theming left from loggers leap that has nothing to do with the theme of exodus. He could have been trying to keep the theme a secret but I don't believe he would have mentioned it they wanted that to be part of the theme and wanted it to be kept secret.

37 minutes ago, tactic said:

I seem to remember Jack saying that the bird was an old peice of theming left from loggers leap that has nothing to do with the theme of exodus. He could have been trying to keep the theme a secret but I don't believe he would have mentioned it they wanted that to be part of the theme and wanted it to be kept secret.

Whilst I do agree that that piece of theming specifically isn't directly related to Exodus, I really do feel like once the project is revealed and the theme is discovered, we'll look back on it and say "ahhh, so that's why they left it there for so long!". Thorpe love to put things right in your face from the start so you can look back and realise that all the information you needed was right there from the start.

I personally don't think it's any coincidence that the theming piece on the station building is pretty similar to the old Logger's Leap theming piece. Whilst I believe that it's technically nothing to do with Exodus (as it quite literally is just a piece of theming from the previous attraction), I also believe that it's intentionally been left there as a nod to what's to come.

Just watched Jack latest video, where he basically confirms he knows the theme. 

Throughout the video he mentions theming and theming pieces. Along with the fact there is a them (as he knows). It’s not going to be stylised, which is a massive relief to me, I didn’t want them to build a nature equivalent of a car park coaster.

I’d say the bench mark for theming will be between galaticas current theming and stealth level?

33 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Just watched Jack latest video, where he basically confirms he knows the theme. 

Throughout the video he mentions theming and theming pieces. Along with the fact there is a them (as he knows). It’s not going to be stylised, which is a massive relief to me, I didn’t want them to build a nature equivalent of a car park coaster.

I’d say the bench mark for theming will be between galaticas current theming and stealth level?

I think you're pretty spot on there to be honest - most of the expense is going towards building the UK's tallest rollercoaster, which will be enough of a selling point to most of the general public anyway, so not expecting masses of theming to be honest... but never say never! I'd like a fairly basic station, with some misc. theming structures scattered on the ground (like The Swarm, but obviously not a massive destroyed aircraft or anything like that)... and if it is an Egyptian theme, I wouldn't be opposed to some destroyed sphynx-like structures and things like that!

I wouldn’t expect a hugely elaborate theme for this. Very few hyper coasters are heavily themed; they’re such big rides that it’s quite hard to theme them effectively, and the expense of building the ride hardware alone is huge.

I’d expect something along the lines of Mako at SeaWorld, where it has a light theme and style and a couple of nice little items, but nothing overly elaborate. And to be honest, I’d be perfectly happy with that.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024