Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

19 hours ago, Parm Pap said:

find the track, release the curse

wurp waaaw, wurp waaaaw, wurp war war war wurp war war war wurp waaar, wurp waaaar, wurp wur wur wur wurp wur wur wur

I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE THAT PYRAMID

but you didn't listen

it was in the maze and the maze with more directions has more than can meet the scope

and now boop boop bop bop, boop boop boop bop, bop, waur waur

Will the ride be accessible to those over 2m tall?

Awesome, does this suggest lake infilling is nearly done already? I thought the infilling only just began, is it a short process or am I just getting everything mixed up?

Wish I could be on the pass-holder group, keep getting declined lol, I asked thorpe park support and they said they can do nothing about it apart from confirm my pass is valid lmao.

The current stage is piles which preceded the pins. This is the process of essentially drilling down into the site bedrock (10m) below any reclaimed land, and filling with concrete reinforced steel. This will take approx a month I believe off the plan they intended to originally work to. 

once that is complete the next stage is the “capping” of the piles which is essentially where the piles that have been created are capped off with the pins that interface with the supports to the exact height and location in all axis. This will take a further 6-8 weeks to fully complete including some additional work around the lift hill. 

Once that is complete then track and supports can begin. So I doubt we will see much going vertical until august at best. And I don’t believe it’s due to arrive on site until July anyway. 

Cool, so we are now actually seeing stuff starting to be built rather than destruction and preparing the ground.

Cannot wait for the vertical construction to start, this is the first major investment I am able to witness at thorpe and I'm so excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...

chair spins round, oh the chair swivels round, oh it spins round it's funny, it does spin really fast, but will it spin oh will it spin oh will it spin oh will it spin we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel spinny spinny spinny chair but will people pay spinny spinny spinny chair but will people pay we don't know if we should have it we don't know if we should have it 

4 hours ago, Parm Pap said:

chair spins round, oh the chair swivels round, oh it spins round it's funny, it does spin really fast, but will it spin oh will it spin oh will it spin oh will it spin we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel we can't decide if we want the back row to swivel spinny spinny spinny chair but will people pay spinny spinny spinny chair but will people pay we don't know if we should have it we don't know if we should have it 

The Voice: The Ride confirmed

NBC's The Voice — Best chair turn ever?

I could be wrong, but surely spinning seats on a layout as big and intense as Exodus might be... too much? 😂 Like I'm not sure if it would even be physically possible due to the horrendous gforces you'd experience into some of those inversions - especially when you consider the speed it'll be travelling!

Hopefully the park offer spinning seats if it's possible on exodus, I think it would be a unique experience.

I do like that thorpe have gone with a unique layout for a hyper coaster in general not just a mack hyper (albeit a bit short). It brings a unique, almost world class element to the park that I think they have been missing for a while. I would have liked to see a new flat ride in the area that exodus is being built in but then we can't have everything can we; a new coaster is still more than I expected!

I get that exodus is still being built, however with less than a year to go until it opens. I’m curious when Merlin will next invest, will they leave it as long or will there be lots in quick succession ride wise. 

It’s too early to tell, but it would be nice to have something in 2025

I think we very well could see a brand new flat or water ride in '25/26, depending on how successful Exodus is. I think compred to The Swarm's only marketing tactic being "The UK's first wing coaster" (I mean, what member of the general public would really care about that?), Exodus being the UK's tallest rollercoaster will be a big crowd pleaser. I think the next few years for Thorpe Park could be super exciting.

I think what’s really important for Thorpe and Merlin to realise is that whilst adding a new attraction will increase or should increase visitor numbers and volume, it has an affect for a finite period of time before visitor numbers reduce back to baseline unless the investment is backed up or followed up with another investment. 

Adding a flat or water ride for 25 will be really critical in keeping the momentum of exodus going, as will the marketing and increase in events etc that support such investments. 

I think to really push on and get back to the parks good times, another big investment within 3 years will be necessary **cough** RMC **cough** 😂😂 to bring in and attract an international audience and grow the park further. Just my view of course 

I’d actually find it funny to see the new American CEO at Thorpe Park for Exodus opening. 

His Jumanji videos are so over the top. He says it feels like you’re in the movies, I mean it’s a good U.K. land but it’s not galaxy’s edge. There’s nothing like that at Thorpe Park and the bad bits stick out like a sore thumb 😂

In terms of 'extreme' spinning Mack coasters, there's only the two Xtreme Spinners (Ride to Happiness and Time Traveler), Icon/Enso and Steel Taipan. All of those are launch coasters, so not like Exodus in any way really. Obviously they have some tamer spinning coasters too, but again, nothing like the scale of Exodus.

It's not impossible to imagine there being a spinning car, or a backwards row / rows, on this. But at the same time, you have to wonder if:

1. It really needs it. This is the UK's tallest coaster, do we need anything more?

2. If it will be too much. This is going to be a fast, hard-hitting ride, unlike any of Mack's other spinning coasters. Adding the spinning to it might be unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

2. If it will be too much. This is going to be a fast, hard-hitting ride, unlike any of Mack's other spinning coasters. Adding the spinning to it might be unnecessary. 

Yeah this is my exact sentiment - with all the forces imposed on a coaster of that size, I feel like adding spinning to that would be way too intense. Good for the enthusiasts, but definitely think it'd be too intense and off putting for the general public. I certainly feel it would be the case if it was free-spinning, maybe if it was controlled it wouldn't be quite so bad? But like you say Josh, I really don't think spinning seats are needed.

The gimmick of the coaster is being the UK's tallest - it doesn't need to cheapen itself with silly gimmicks like spinning seats.

17 hours ago, JoshC. said:

In terms of 'extreme' spinning Mack coasters, there's only the two Xtreme Spinners (Ride to Happiness and Time Traveler), Icon/Enso and Steel Taipan. All of those are launch coasters, so not like Exodus in any way really. Obviously they have some tamer spinning coasters too, but again, nothing like the scale of Exodus.

It's not impossible to imagine there being a spinning car, or a backwards row / rows, on this. But at the same time, you have to wonder if:

1. It really needs it. This is the UK's tallest coaster, do we need anything more?

On the other hand, is it another method of charging people £10 a pop for an 'experience'?

DC RIVALS Long Name Hyper Coaster in Australia has a backwards row. And given how drunk/high the Macks seem to be with their designs recently wouldn't surprise me.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024