Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

A thrilling family coaster themed around dreams is a concept I've always liked. It doesn't have to have a run down theme it can be all Jolly for once. Looking into the mind of someone and seeing where it takes you. The ride itself focusing on airtime, having no inversions. Just all round fun.

The concepts in my mind that will never come to be...

I've always liked the dream ride concept.

In fact, I once designed a theme park called dreamscape. At the centre was a multi launch called cloud 9. All the rides in dreamscape had positive, happy, fun themes.

I just wish Thorpe made happier themed. It won't be long until Thorpe park is fright park.

In terms of new coasters, a multi launch is ideal but I see the next addition being a spinner or a dive machine.

I could see Merlin deciding to build a RMC in the UK (and only the 2nd in Europe), but I would have thought it would be ear marked for Alton Towers to be the always dreamt of woodie in the valley that John Wardley had always wanted to build. I wouldn't be surprised if Thorpe went a little tamer for it's next coaster, and built something with little to no inversions. Perhaps a floorless dive coaster. 

I'd be surprised if we saw a B&M for the next big thing.  Realistically, there's not really anything B&M currently offer which Thorpe need.  Of course, they could work on something entirely new, but I just don't see it happening.

As I've said before, Thorpe need a large-scale family ride.  Preferably a coaster.  In a similar fashion as to how Towers needed (a new) one in Th13teen, Thorpe need one too.  It's a shame things like the motorbike coasters and tilt coasters from Vekoma haven't proved that popular / good, as in theory, they could have been good family coasters that added to the line up the park already has...

A GCI would be brilliant (having ridden Joris). They are the B&M of wooden coasters escentially.

I also want the ride to have a theme that isn't any of the following (but probably still will be).

1/ Derelict/abandoned ware house

2/ lost/forgotten in time abandoned (unless there's s back story and it's still intact)

3/ Apocalyptic, disaster and abandond.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024
  • JoshC. pinned this topic