Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

(Name of ride) comes from another dimension (stains), a dimension beyond our imagination! There are theories, and then there is the legend... Beneath the lake at Thorpe park something strange and horrible lurked: A creature put on the Earth 2 million years ago(the chavs) . Nobody knew where it came from or what it wanted. The creature was disturbed(while queue jumping) during maintenance work on one of the other rides at Thorpe park. The creature, angry at being discovered, caused havoc, ripping up trees and buildings sending them hurtling skyward. A security silence fell over Thorpe park as historians, archaeologists and the Ministry of Defence nervously began some serious investigations. What they discovered was (name of next ride). It had to be controlled - 250 tonnes of steel and 200 men pinned down (name of next ride), not ordinary steel, not ordinary men! The steel holding down the monster, was twisted and bent into unusual shapes - the steel was the roller coaster track thrill seekers ride today - (name of next ride).

Nah, I can see some sort of story put into it. Seeing the Thorpe Sharks are formed from old ride signage and scrap metal, that could suggest a genetically created shark for a theme? :)

Interestingly, the idea behind the Shark being formed from old signage / scraps (and indeed the idea behind Fin's theming) is that an "islander" has pieced everything together from whatever they can find.  Presumably the idea is that the Shark is there to protect the 'islanders' whilst they sleep, and all they could find was old signage that was no longer need, and that Fin's was just with bits and pieces and they no longer needed.

Is the made up enthusiast gibberish or actually what has been stated by the park as the 'story' behind the hotel?

Not that is gives a reason for shipping containers...

This is what Scruffy Dog have said was their design brief set by the park (more in relation to the Fin's design, but it also extends to the shark piece too).

So it's not an official story per se, but it's the idea they were going for.  Not anything they'd be trying to convey to anyone on park I think, or an excuse for the shipping containers.  

What thrill roller coaster would you like to see Thorpe Park get next?embed

1. Hyper coaster

8 votes (27%)

2. RMC steel hybrid

5 votes (17%)

3. GCI Woodie

5 votes (17%)

4. Dive coaster

2 votes (7%)

5. RMC Woodie

2 votes (7%)

6. Mack mega coaster

2 votes (7%)

7. Vekoma SLC lol

2 votes (7%)

8. Floorless coaster

1 vote (3%)

9. Intamin Woodie

1 vote (3%)

10. Giga Coaster

1 vote (3%)

11. Other

1 vote (3%)

12. Flying coaster

0 votes (0%)

13. RMC T Rex track

0 votes (0%)

14. Standup Coaster

0 votes (0%)

1. Hyper coaster

8 votes (27%)

2. RMC steel hybrid

5 votes (17%)

3. GCI Woodie

5 votes (17%)

4. Dive coaster

2 votes (7%)

5. RMC Woodie

2 votes (7%)

6. Mack mega coaster

2 votes (7%)

7. Vekoma SLC lol

2 votes (7%)

8. Floorless coaster

1 vote (3%)

9. Intamin Woodie

1 vote (3%)

10. Giga Coaster

1 vote (3%)

11. Other

1 vote (3%)

12. Flying coaster

0 votes (0%)

13. RMC T Rex track

0 votes (0%)

14. Standup Coaster

0 votes (0%)

I was hoping for an slc [emoji14]

1. Hyper coaster

8 votes (27%)
2. RMC steel hybrid

5 votes (17%)
3. GCI Woodie

5 votes (17%)
4. Dive coaster

2 votes (7%)
5. RMC Woodie

2 votes (7%)
6. Mack mega coaster

2 votes (7%)
7. Vekoma SLC lol

2 votes (7%)
8. Floorless coaster

1 vote (3%)
9. Intamin Woodie

1 vote (3%)
10. Giga Coaster

1 vote (3%)
11. Other

1 vote (3%)
12. Flying coaster

0 votes (0%)
13. RMC T Rex track

0 votes (0%)
14. Standup Coaster

0 votes (0%)

If they were to ever get a B&M hyper then I would cry in happiness (for the first time ever, because it never happens).

• 1 month later...

I honestly think a B&M hyper coaster would be a perfect fit for Thorpe. It could have the height needed and it could make use of the surrounding lake and scenery. I do not think an RMC would fit however, as I believe that particular style of ride is suited to parks with better landscaping.... Alton Towers.

So I prey that TP gets a Hyper and that AT get an RMC.

Here's what id like to see for TP's investments over the next 6 years:

image_zpsx14ptszp.png

Section A:

The area more likely to be built on behind the Swarm. I've always thought this area would great for either

1. A dive coaster. It's the obvious choice really, something tall and imposing that we know Merlin like.

2. A GCI woodie. It could be great fun in a smallish space. Really compact and aggressive, also providing Thorpe with something they don't have... airtime.

3. A mega lite made by either Mack or Intamin could work excellently here. Other similar options could be the Chance Rides Hyper GTX for example lightning run. I always think that this model is similar to the Mega Lite.

Section B:

This is less likely to happen but I seriously think the removal of the beach and depth charge could give a decently large area for a low to the ground launch coaster. A mack launch or either an Intamin Blitz would work perfectly. I think something along the lines of Taron that could possibly venture even further to the left of the dome, perhaps circling The lost City flat rides. This would also give Thorpe Park much needed airtime.

I think that the island behind Swarm is most likely to be the newest area development (taking out potential regeneration of Canada Creek and Rumba areas).. The island has now been settling for as long as Saw and Swarm islands were and we know that Thorpe are keen to use the land they created, otherwise, why bother filling it in to start with!?

Most likely things on the site? Probably a Mack (ala Helix) or a Dive coaster as they are the only ones I can think of that would offer a differing experience to the ride line-up. I don't think we'd see an RMC here, it's not the right location - if any-where that would be Canada Creek..

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024
  • JoshC. pinned this topic