Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

TBH I think Thirteen's downfall was the marketing, not the ride.

But for a family coaster it is pretty fun.

Anyway at Thorpe I think a family coaster could be likely, so maybe a tame Mack Mega?

Maybe Something like Manta at Seaworld San Diego would be a good fit for the park IMO.

Edited by imindetonator

I havent ranted here for a while ..

In Defence of 13:

13 makes people laugh. Whenever I ride it at least one person is laughing as they come out of the tunnel, often a large percentage of the people on the train. If you view it purely as a rollercoaster then it isnt good, in the same way that hex isnt good. If you view it as an experience that can be enjoyed every time you go on it, especially if your with someone who hasnt ridden before, then both this and Hex are brilliant attractions. If thorpe got an identical clone of Hex then I think the general public would love it. I would personally prefer if they did something more original and fitting with Thorpe, but if it made you laugh as a group then it is a success.

Meandering rant on what they need next?

I have, for the past few years, suffered badly with my back. I can still go to Towers and ride main rides like 13, Hex and Dual with a bad back. When I go to Thorpe I am often dissapointed on the amount of rides that I can ride on. If my back is Bad then Rush and maybe, now, Ghost Train are the only options I have, and rush is basically a flat ride. All of the othe rrides are either too rough (saw, colossus im talking about you), or yank your back in weird ways (Swarm, Angry birds 4d and Samarai I am specifically looking at you now).

Thorpe really needed Ghost Train, it is the ony wet weather ride they have. I think they need a few more 'take a break' rides. But I think these should be low investment year rides not high investment rides. What I want Thorpe to do more than anything, though, is be profesional about it. There is no way that I'm a Celebrety is a professional attraction. No matter how good the acting is, the challenges need to be challenging and not sorting underpants to say a word, or answering a question where it doesnt matter if you press a corrrect or incorrect answer you get showered with grain. This was so evident Last year I was really hoping Containment would be this. Something that is a challenge, and fun and made the team work together. Instead it contained some problems that were unsolveable, others which were way too easy. The final problem was totally unsolvable

because you only saw the clue if the lights were off and none of the working pull cords turned the light off. In fact, unless the person on the floor told you what to do you failed.

. Whilst, at the time, I was lenient on it and said it was good, the whole attraction felt a bit novice. It felt like someone had read a wiki page on what an escape attraction was and knocked it up.

So what do I want from WC20. I want something that is fun but not painful.

8 hours ago, stretchy said:

Meandering rant on what they need next?

I have, for the past few years, suffered badly with my back. I can still go to Towers and ride main rides like 13, Hex and Dual with a bad back. When I go to Thorpe I am often dissapointed on the amount of rides that I can ride on. If my back is Bad then Rush and maybe, now, Ghost Train are the only options I have, and rush is basically a flat ride. All of the othe rrides are either too rough (saw, Colossus I'm talking about you), or yank your back in weird ways (Swarm, Angry birds 4d and Samurai I am specifically looking at you now).

Neither saw or Colossus were rough to begin with though, they can't exactly predict that.. Understandable what you say about your back but rides at a theme park aren't exactly designed to be ridable by someone with a bad back

On 05/08/2016 at 10:11 PM, holtjammy16 said:

Neither saw or Colossus were rough to begin with though, they can't exactly predict that.. Understandable what you say about your back but rides at a theme park aren't exactly designed to be ridable by someone with a bad back

If they can't predict the ride quality before hand, how can B&M always make smooth coasters. It is easy to predict if a ride will be rough or smoth. It's simple physics. BTW Saw was rough the first year it opened. Same with Smiler. Both rough enough for me to rarely re-ride.

Regarding theme park rides not being designed for someone with a bad back. Why? I am sure its possable with modern design to create a ride that thrills every member of the visiting group, be they 5 or 85. Hex makes you think you feel G forces. It just taks a little intellegence, creativity and out of the box thinking. I do sometimes wonder what some are designed for, because so some parks rides arent exacly designed for a thrilling ride. If I wanted to be beaten up I'd stand in stains shopping precinct carpark on a sunday evening.

1 hour ago, thorpeparkjunkie said:

Check out my idea for Thorpe Parks next coaster! https://youtu.be/od3PBK-C08E

Well guys, its still a better concept than a Vekoma SLC.

The first drop will be probably give too many G's for a human being to endure,(I'm no engineer so correct me if I'm wrong).

And after that you get a overdose of hangtime, before bashing to the ground and having serious head injuries ;)

TBH its too similar to Colossus, the head bashing, the overdose of hangtime..

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024
  • JoshC. pinned this topic