Mysterio Ka

The Next Big Thing

19 hours ago, RobF said:

How many threads do you need the same post in ???

Enough until Thorpe Park actually announce something. 

I think it’s gonna be a long long time. 

So this probably doesn't mean much but I noticed recently on Google Earth that land next to Swarm is clearly being worked on, with all the vegetation being cleared recently.

May 2018:

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.182a8bb4e3133a01f03c0c71695536be.png

June 2019: (the yellow lines indicate where a likely link would be with the current theme park)

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.cfc5f43b6cd5a2d14cc2b34177d5463b.png

This could be for a future development or it could just be nothing, the land might just need maintaining.

27 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

It's for that RMC opening this year! 

I'll buy everyone on here their annual pass if that happened xD

Personally I won't be getting any hopes up until any sort of plans get submitted for that plot of land. 

I personally think if/when Thorpe do decide to actually give us a coaster, I can see them getting a GCI rather than the RMC. They will have looked at the success of Wicker Man at towers and will try to replicate that success at Thorpe. In theory it would be a relatively safe bet for a new coaster investment on M£rlins part. Frankly I wouldn't complain if Thorpe did go down the GCI road given I find the likes of Wodan and Mystic Timbers to be superb rides.

I'll buy everyone on here their annual pass if that happened xD

Personally I won't be getting any hopes up until any sort of plans get submitted for that plot of land. 

*buys korma sauce*
*makes curry and freezes for opening day of Thorpe Park

All I have to do is make this available to all and we get a free pass (really mild curry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think anyone is getting too excited here, which is of course sensible. 

The park usually do things like this, and it can be for a variety of reasons:

1) It is good practice to keep these not used areas reasonably tidy so that they can be accessed when needs be

2) It gives the Landscaping team something to do to test out new equipment / train new staff with low pressure, or to give them something to do during quiet periods.

3) To test the land 

We saw them go some tidying of the grassy areas by Loggers last year which of course meant naff all.

The fact this happened in June and so few people noticed when on park shows that this is not as noticeable or extreme as Google Maps suggest either.

Of course, if the park were to open a new coaster, that space is one of the most obvious spaces to go for. But at this stage, we don't know how far away that could be, so who knows.

Well.. assuming that the Hotel gets the go-ahead on the opposite side of the park, that gives you 3 massive areas for expansion: The current Shark site, behind Swarm and Loggers / Slammer site. That would be suitable for 3 pretty big coasters / new areas and this is before you start looking at redeveloping older sites such as the current Blair Witch / Fungle Safari site, Neptune's Beach and X area.

Quite how it will be "unrecognisable" remains to be seen in the LTDP, but I imagine that they will move quickly once they get the go-ahead from Lego (I believe that Alton and Gardaland have already had their "go-ahead"). They will also be prepping for London Resort to be competition, which isn't something you can just do over-night; they're already on the back-foot time-wise.

19 hours ago, daboywunda said:

Quite how it will be "unrecognisable" remains to be seen in the LTDP, but I imagine that they will move quickly once they get the go-ahead from Lego (I believe that Alton and Gardaland have already had their "go-ahead"). They will also be prepping for London Resort to be competition, which isn't something you can just do over-night; they're already on the back-foot time-wise.

I think they underestimate Paulton's Park too - wouldn't surprise me if they already have plans for some more "thrill" rides to add to the mix.

I honestly think besides Paultons the Southern Merlin Cluster really do not have any competition. The London Resort is really only still a pipe-dream, even if it does get built it will be a long time until it properly opens. It might not even not end up threatening Merlin at all, it could totally fall on its face, its not even built yet!

With that being said, I don't think Thorpe are building a coaster until they really have to. It isn't like they have any competitors or there is any other parks people can go to in that area (besides Paulton).