Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

2 minutes ago, Charlesberg said:

Thank god they don’t have those unnecessary seat belts!

And if they’ve structured the station to allow quick dispatches, combined with the shorter ride time hopefully the capacity won’t be the worst thing ever?

Icon and Helix didn't open with seat belts either. I hope against hope that Hyperia doesn't get them at any point..

Trains look gorgeous. Can't wait. 

Loving the look of them trains. I’ll reserve my judgement for the rest of the area till opening day, but it’s a big shame about the queue line. So much potential for a nice queue line there but that looks hideous. 

They’ve confirmed it won’t have seatbelts so hopefully that’ll stay. Out of interest, does anyone know the reason Icon and Helix both got seatbelts? 

Love the look of these trains, bit concerned about the queue line/landscaping right now. Right now it’s just a mud… I believe they also have to dig out the mud to re-create the lake at the back of the site. Loggers looked fantastic with the nature all around it so hope this will get there too.

16 hours ago, Cal said:

They’ve confirmed it won’t have seatbelts so hopefully that’ll stay. Out of interest, does anyone know the reason Icon and Helix both got seatbelts? 

Initially guests wanted it at Helix, it got complaints that it felt unsafe.

Then with Icon its because  the restraints had double redundancy in case of failure, the seatbelts give it a third redundancy if something was to go wrong.

Looking at a few others, Copperhead Strike opened with seatbelts (unsurprisingly, Cedar Fair after all) and DC Rivals Hypercoaster didn't, neither do the majority of the Blue Fire clones, Star Trek or Capitol Bullet Train.

Merlin being Merlin, I can just see the guest perception taking precedent with Hyperia. This is the company that wouldn't batch a station at Mandrill and has ugly queue lines where every new ride has fences over 6 foot tall. 

Train 2 for Hyperia isn't yet in the country and on it's way over, according to the latest SLKSTN vid... cause for concern or is it just a case of plonking it on the track when it arrives? 😄

From the latest video - it's clear there is still a lot of groundwork to be done on areas that aren't the bit they are focusing on near the station. That bit looks good though, looks like they've put shingle down around the planting from what I can see.

Watching it go around, it does look like it's going to be cut short at the end.

It also seems much shorter than I seem to have imagined it being 😬 And that's with it going slowly!

Still - what a ride.  Very exciting to see it going around for the first time!

The first element is taken at a good speed even this early in the testing, and the hangtime looks wild towards the end.

Pacing will alter significantly as testing continues. Firstly the train literally crawled over the crest of the lift hill, in a couple of weeks it will be going significantly quicker over the top as Mack lifts are normally fast. This won’t dramatically alter the speed at the bottom (probably only a couple of mph) but that will mean a significant amount of additional kinetic energy is being carried by the train. Secondly the friction will reduce as the ride beds in and warms up so the speed will be maintained throughout the layout. This will probably mean more airtime but less hang time