Rollercoaster Restaurant (FoodLoop) for 2016!

AstroDan

From TowersStreet Facebook today:

Alton Towers have submitted plans for a FoodLoop style restaurant in Forbidden Valley, taking the place of the current Air shop. Does this suggest that a new large shop is likely to replace it in the near future...and therefore that a large new ride is imminent for the area?

Link to plans

Pretty cool, hey!

Here's a short video of the Europa-Park one:

Alton Towers have submitted plans for a FoodLoop style restaurant in Forbidden Valley, taking the place of the current Air shop. Does this suggest that a new large shop is likely to replace it in the near future...and therefore that a large new ride is imminent for the area?

...meaning the Air Shop is likely to return in the form of a turquoise shipping container. Joy...

Otherwise the new restaurant sounds pretty cool. :)

On the planning application, it states that the new extension(s) will be themed to match the existing building, windows and all!

AHHH! I'm excited, I've read through the plans and it will add that little extra to Alton food line up, which is lacking in sit-down restaurants!

I just wonder where they've got the funding from... *side eyes the burnt out Fish & Chips restaurant*  ;) .

Jokes aside, this looks so good.

Looks good. The positioning of it right up that end of the park near the hotels makes me wonder if this is the first signs of a shift of the entrance, to allow for restaurants and entertainment venues guests can access in the evening, while still being on the park for easy day time use. 

Looks good. The positioning of it right up that end of the park near the hotels makes me wonder if this is the first signs of a shift of the entrance, to allow for restaurants and entertainment venues guests can access in the evening, while still being on the park for easy day time use. 

Probably not. They'd most likely take a hint from Chessie and just build a second entrance to the park. :)

Probably not. They'd most likely take a hint from Chessie and just build a second entrance to the park. :)

They already have one (woodland walk), but this seems like an unusual style of restaurant for day use only. It sounds well suited to evening meals and isn't consistent with their other on park eateries, I won't be at all surprised to see access to this made possible after park closing.

The quality of the food at Europa-Park is relative to the general standard of food at Europa-Park - which is generally very high.

FoodLoop is nowhere near the best food/best value food at Europa-Park - that said, choices last week included veal, duck or beef dishes together with simple staples like fried pork Schitnzel, spaghetti bolognaise and chicken wings.

It regularly commands long queues (up to 30 minutes at peak times) just for a table - even now it is 4 years old.

The food offering at Alton Towers will no doubt be entirely different.

I have also been to the restaurant in Hamburg which was open into the evening and offered a larger menu.

On the off chance, whilst it's likely we will probably see a new (possibly bigger) new shop for Air in the future (maybe it'll be a joint shop for SW8 too), I actually wonder what's going to happen with Forbidden Valley Fish & Chips as it had a fire there earlier this year and hasn't opened since. Could this eatery possibly be on its way out?

This is brilliant! Nice work Alton, the Air shop has been full of tat for a while now, so this is a great step forward. Hopefully with Fish & Chips going, we can claim that pathway back.

Such a big scale transformation, does seem to imply there's bigger plans for FV!! whoop!!