Rollercoaster Restaurant (FoodLoop) for 2016!

AstroDan

I have been to the one in Europa park a couple of times and have enjoyed it as an experience. The food is ok, nothing special for the price they were charging and with the ordering system and just wanting to see more items come down the rails you loose track of how much you have ordered, always struggle to stop myself ordering more!!!

I'm sure it will be a hit and it's nice to see one in the UK!

• 7 months later...

Hi all.

I was at the hotels on Saturday, playing crazy golf with the nerds and saw the following. I assume they are for the air shop rebuild. Sorry for them being not very good pics, they were at max zoom and it was horrible weather.

P1200343.JPG

P1200345.JPG

P1200348.JPG

Also, Air was running the whole time we were golfing. There seemed to be something in the front row seats but non of my pictures of that were even recognisable as air (blurred mess - light levels too low for high iso).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not bad... Not astronomical, but not McDonalds!

On our table we had three people, It came to £90, so £30 each (Not including AP Discount) but that included:

Main: (Prices Estimated + Rounded)

1x Chicken Curry (£13)
1x Rollercoaster Burger (£15)
1x Lemon Chicken (£15)
1x Side of Fries (£3)

Dessert:

3x Ultimate Ice Cream (£9 each)

Drinks:

3x Alcoholic Drinks (£5 each)
2x Soft Drinks (£3 each)

Here are also some photos of the tablet system:

IMAG3580.jpg

IMAG3581.jpg

IMAG3599.jpg

IMAG3603.jpg

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Thank goodness for annual pass discount, £5 for a drink and £9 ice cream makes me want to cry.

52 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

£9 for ice cream! :lol:

37 minutes ago, Benin said:

It's the ULTIMATE ice cream, all your ice creams in one, etc.

To be fair it was bloody lovely! 4 scoops of ice cream, Meringue pieces and other bits like sauce and chocolate pieces I think. With the annual pass discount it is definitely worth it. With AP discount mine came to just over £20 (by like 50p)

Yeah, like people have said, it's as much about the experience as it is the food with places like this.

However, one thing that has caught my attention with this is people saying that the service was essentially too quick; like a couple of minutes from ordering quick.  Not sure how standard that is of other Food Loops and the like, but I can see why people would be a bit worried (if that's the right word) about the food quality if it comes so quickly.

Yeah, majority of Merlin food ain't bad, for theme parks it's what you'd expect really... I can count on one hand the amount of parks that have amazing food on a constant basis (Dollywood), rather than just one standout restaurant (Efteling, and even then that's the Pancakes)...

Also Wetherspoons :wub: