Rollercoaster Restaurant (FoodLoop) for 2016!

AstroDan

• 3 months later...

So I got to try this on Saturday. Unfortunately I found the food quality quite poor :( It was weird, because the first mouthful or two were nice, but then it seemed really bland! It was more like Burger Kitchen quality tbh! 

Have heard good things about the desserts, but by that point I was quite put off eating anything else/couldn't afford it!

It's also a shame that there wasn't much to choose from; would be nice to see things like pasta on there for example, even if it was just the one dish like bolognese or lasagne. Yes, you can serve bolognese at a food loop restaurant, I had it myself at Europa ;)

I love the theming though, and how the lighting changes colour to match the ride videos that play :D The staff and the general service were good too!

• 8 months later...

Last week they were trialling breakfasts at the RCR - great idea however, myself and @Roodie were waiting 45 mins for breakfast rolls- the service was so slow (and the coffee wasn't exactly hot) - there isn't a great deal of options for breakfast but I think if they expanded on that and had faster service it would work great.

Also has anyone noticed that you can buy a rollercoaster restaurant plate for £30 - £30....for a plate?!!!

3 minutes ago, Han30 said:

Also has anyone noticed that you can buy a rollercoaster restaurant plate for £30 - £30....for a plate?!!!

If that's the cost of a decent sized plate, I can at least understand why the ones at Pizza Pasta are so small (and all different shapes)!

I believe breakfast is between 10-11am which is quite late but I guess if people haven't had time for breakkie and have finished ERT then it could work - there were a few tables full when we went in there. They do need to sort certain issues out - like having eggs would be a good start!

• 2 weeks later...

Ate at RCR for the first time.  It's clearly designed to be a premium option, though the food doesn't quite match the price.  But I guess you're paying for the experience just as much as the food.

I was a little disappointed at how bland some of the tracks to the tables were (I was expecting a couple more loops and twists about!), but it's fun to watch.  

Definitely a worthy investment and adds a lot more choice to the mix.