Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

• 2 weeks later...
Orlando Thrill Park news!Sort of big news I think... The proposed 'Orlando Thrill park' has had plans come out with details of the rides which are due to open there some time in 2013. They are very exciting I must say!!! :P Here are some details and links below.Orlando Thrill park general plans & Information from LA times (I didn't post this as text because there is lots of info.) Photo gallery showing the 13 main rides and coasters. (from LA times). These rides are explained below. The park is planned to have 13 new rides from opening, with manufacturers being Vekoma, Mack, Intamin, Mondial, Chance-Morgan, S&S Power and U.S Thrill Rides. Intamin are planned to be the manufacturers of a 425 foot inverted hydraulic launch coaster - very exciting! and a ZacSpin, which will be a small ZacSpin model. The park will also feature a Mega-Splash, a clone of the model at Knotts Berry Farm. Vekoma are making an SLC, Probably one of their popular cloned models like Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. They will also make a Motorbike Launch coaster, a 'Stingray' flying coaster and withChance-Morgan a new type of coaster is going to be made called a 'Pretzel Dive Coaster'. (In my opinion it looks a bit like the old Flashback ride at SF Magic Mountain.) Chance Morgan will also make a flat ride called a 'uni-Coaster'. Mondial are supplying a few rides for the park to, one of them is a flat ride called a 'Splash Over', this is very similar to a Topspin. The second ride being built by Modial is a 'Revolution', This again is very similar to a Huss Giant Frisbee. S&S Power are going to be constructing a 4D Coaster and a Turbo Drop tower for the park. Mack are also proposed to be the manufacturers of a 2nd Launch Coaster, this may be similar to Blue Fire at E-P. U.S Thrill Rides will be making a 'Skyquest' ride where riders are in a harness flying around the park in a similar system to the way a Skyride works. So, interesting news from this future park, the inverted intamin launcher is the most exciting thing in my opinion. Can't wait to find out more plans and news. :P But remember these are just plans for the park and the owners are the Baker leisure group. (They used to own the freestyle music park.)

• 2 weeks later...

I think we know what all the price increases and cuts to various perks are going towards. They want more money to purchase new attractions. It seems that they don't want to be the second largest theme park operator, they want to be the largest. Stop expanding Merlin and focus on you're current parks, especially the UK parks! :)I know I posted this on another forum a few days ago

I think we know what all the price increases and cuts to various perks are going towards. They want more money to purchase new attractions. It seems that they don't want to be the second largest theme park operator, they want to be the largest. Stop expanding Merlin and focus on you're current parks, especially the UK parks! :)I know I posted this on another forum a few days ago

I dont really get this comment, the UK parks all do very well? :D

I mean focus on getting the UK parks on par with their european parks. :) . I think we all want to see them on par with the europen parks but I don't think it will happen for quite a while :D. But with Alton's ten year plan there is hope. it will happen sooner.

the UK parks all do very well?

They do very well when it comes to emptying their customers wallets and ripping their customers off :D.

Quite right Dan I wasn't talking about it money wise, I was talking about bringing our parks into the same league as the other european parks, to do that they really do need to pull their socks up and focus on the UK alot more than they are at the moment. They need to invest more on things that will affect the parks more in a very good way like theming, ride experiences and better park entertainment etc. Buying out more attractions leaves less money to do this, unless they can make alot more money out of the attactions down-under.

• 3 weeks later...

Ripsaw Falls, about 17:30 local time on New Year's Day. Closed TL and JP for about 2 hours. Damage is said to be so heavy the FD haven't been able to determine cause. No damage visible from the exterior, but heavy black smoke rose from Toon Lagoon which was visible all over UOR. The ride is now being repaired, and it's winter rehab has been brought forward to be done at the same time. Pics from Central Florida 13:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

^ Totally agree! It's ridiculous, and I personally doubt it crossed the minds of Uni's officials because they know that they have two of the best water rides in the entire world right next to each other there. I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction to this was 'repair at all costs'.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite fond of Cheetah Hunt's Figure-8... I think it looks beautiful and it's a really inspired idea. I don't see how it's going to kill the launch, given the 120-odd ft plunge directly after it, and the two whole other launches after that, even if the first one is ruined. Plus the supports are just damn amazing looking.I still refuse to call it Cheetah Hunt though ;)

I don't see how it's going to kill the launch, given the 120-odd ft plunge directly after it, and the two whole other launches after that, even if the first one is ruined.

You mean launching into a figure 8 hexix 120ft into the air won't slow the ride down?An excellent ride shouldn't let up... If the start is rubbish you still have that in your mind come the end of it... So what if it has two other launches? That won't help save a poor beginning to a ride would it? Plus, it has corners, and THOSE Intamin restraints... Unless they've radically changed them after Maverick, it will still hurt when it corners and thus make it nowhere near as good as it would be...