Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Ride cars are now being dragged along by cranes to check the track and rider clearence.

I've always found it interesting that Intamin do this process. Those are some pretty tasty looking trains actually and the theming is looking outstanding so far.Shame about the ugly Intamin tree track thing really, the rest looks great.

I've always found it interesting that Intamin do this process. Those are some pretty tasty looking trains actually and the theming is looking outstanding so far.Shame about the ugly Intamin tree track thing really, the rest looks great.

The tree support on the s-bend thing does indeed look pretty weird. I remember hearing something about the restraints being new for this ride so hopefully this won't have Maverick style transitions. I am interested in why they didn't just use the same design as the new soft restraints on i305 though.

Wow they are really outta synch,,,, lolWhy can't our British rides have big press openings like that?

Because that's Dollywood. Dollywood could probably open a new set of toilets and get a huge press opening...Most of parks wouldn't get big press openings like that unless it was a major addition. To be honest, I'm glad that recent British rides (Saw, Th13teen) haven't had huge openings - they got a nice bit of TV time, with POVs, reactions and the like and really got it in the public eye quite well.

^ I'm not.How can an S&S Screamin' Swing get such an opening, and then Th13teen's is completely non-existent. There was so much potential... A countdown from 13, Wraiths, etc, but nothing...

Look on the bright side, several enthusiasts and AP holders got to watch Jonathon Ross and his family ride it before they did... ;)

Cheetah Chase looks stunning, and progress is moving along nicely,however I guess I am still hoping for a miracle that Busch will do a soft opening of this, I am visiting Early May and I know they have confirmed it will be opening end of may for memorial day weekend, its just a shame Busch dont really do soft openings,if only they could do it this once?? wish I could have gone later in the year, but it was'nt actually possible due to lots of other various commitments, and when I first organised going back to Florida, I obviously didnt know the opening day so never mind.Still looking forward to going back though, and lots of new stuff for me to try still, Manta at SeaWorld, Harry Potter Land,Aquatica,Simpsons Ride,RipRocket Ride and there's still the new kiddie coaster credit at BGT. At least Cheetah chase will be something new next time I go back to Florida

• 2 weeks later...

Cheetah Hunt's first phase testing has begun!

Each launch is being tested individually first of all, at slow speeds which will be increased as testing progresses. It is hoped to start on the second launch early this week. After all three launches have been tested at full power, full circuit testing will begin. At least 3,000 full circuit tests will be completed prior to testing with human riders.Exciting stuff!

Just managed to track down the full version of Total Immersion (for those who don't know, the 1999 documentary about Islands of Adventure) after more than a year searching and chasing people up to no avail! It's so rare now, hardly anyone has a copy of the full thing - I thought it was lost without a trace now. I'm very happy! B)

Sounds awesome, IOA is such a good park. Is there any links to this documentary on the net?

A good few clips from it here...http://www.videolicca.com/ioa%20behind%20the%20scenesI would love to see the whole thing if anyone does find it online.