Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Ask and ye shall recieve...Posted ImageI SEE YOU DOLLYWOOD POSSIBLE WING-RIDER!!!More - http://coasterfusion.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?11961.20#post_12071

If what has been said is true, it will absolutely smash LC12 in terms of adrenaline. Maybe LC12 can provide a better ride experience, then again this Thorpe, and Dollywood aren't exactly shoddy with their themeing (Mystery Mine is incredible).

European MontuParc Asterix's new rollercoaster takes shape. I've renamed it EU Montu as a consequence.

I would say there's already a topic for Asterix, but since that has 1 reply, don't mind ;)EDIT - Seems like Gerstlauer have done a Junior Shuttle Coaster now as well... Small park in Germany but it looks rather twee and nice...

EDIT: Ok, Benin beat me to it :D , and apparently inside there is an inline twist like on Saw's inside.Here's a POV of Takabisha, the new AWESOME looking Eurofighter at Fuji-Q, it has the 'older' style of Eurofighter seating with 2 rows of 4 people, not 3 rows of 2. It's also now got the steepest drop on any coaster in the world with 121Degrees. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is also the biggest Eurofighter out there now... Oh yeah, and it has a form of holding brake before the drop. :)

Edited by Luke_A

^It's ok that you posted, it deserves it...PLUS, I can change to a more sombre topic...The Intamin curse struck again at Darien leg with a war veteran who had amputations on both legs was thrown from the ride... News articles can be read below...http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article482793.ecehttp://www.wgrz.com/news/article/127015/13/Deadly-Accident-on-Ride-of-Steel-Coaster-at-Darien-LakeBut really here... This cannot be Intamin's fault can it? I know I blam them a lot but here, it's impossible to as this just reads like the fault of the park staff OR indeed the guest himself... Either way, it's another death on an Intamin and this could all really add up for them in the end...

I was reading about that earlier Benin, and I must say I agree with you. How the ops let this man ride, or indeed how he himself thought he was able to, is beyond me.On the subject of Takabisha, I find myself left distinctly nonplussed, I'm sorry to say. To me it seems kind of... Too big? The whole point of Eurofighters to me is that they're small, compact and intense - expanding one with massive elements like this seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. It just seems to float around with no particular aim in mind, through some weird half-elements then stop. I can only compare it to what some people said about Mountain Flyer - that GCIs are meant to be small and compact, so making a huge one makes no sense. On that example I couldn't disagree more, but in this latest case that's all I can say really!