Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Apparently, the rides system for Transformers is considered 1.5 (an update of the 1999 attraction). One of the blogs review said that Transformers is an improvement but I see no reason why one would be installed at USF, when there's the Spiderman ride.But...there was a rumour I heard ages ago, that now that Disney owns Marvel, they might force USF to change the Marvel land and do a different theme for the Hulk Coaster, Spiderman ride, Dr Doom's Fearfall dropride and the StormForce Acceletron.I really loved the Hulk Coaster, it was my first BIG coaster I went on before Thorpe Park.

Thing is for the park as well it's really confusing, as they have a Flume, Rapids, Shoot the Chute AND Depth Charge... Considering people originally said that Pilgrim's Plunge was a water ride that didn't get you wet, it's very much a questionable addition to what is otherwise a really good park...Unless of course they want to make Katun look even BETTER... In which case this is perfect :wub:

Unless of course they want to make Katun look even BETTER... In which case this is perfect :wub:

They probably wanted to make I-speed look better in all honesty...I echo the others sentiments and don't feel annoyed that I went the year before their new investment. It just looks sort of aimless going by the older one.

Hershey Park is getting on with SkyRush! KeyStoneThrills has an extensive selection of photos now that the first drop is being erected.Posted Image85 degree drop, indeed...Posted ImageExiting the first drop and high-speed curve, into the to-be-finished Stengel dive.Posted ImageShteep!Posted ImageHershey Park have always been very good with their garish coaster colours...With thanks to CoasterForce and KeyStoneThrills for the photos.Full set here

KMG recently announced some rather big news at the past IAAPA show, this includes a new 230ft tall Speed (booster)! :) Also, a 230ft model of their 'Inversion' which is quite an enlargement upon the current model which stands at a maximum of around 80ft. These will be available as park models as well as transportable attractions. Great news as far as I'm concerned, although I'm not too sure if these larger attractions will be as popular as the current models due to their ease of transportation and set up compared to the larger models. However, I think Theme Parks may be more interested in the higher capacity rides, so it'll be interesting over the next few years to see how things turn out! Quote below... :D

KMG is currently working on a deal for a “Speed” (Booster) ride about 230-feet tall and holding 24 to 32 riders. The first unit will be delivered in 2013. Also planned for 2013 is a 230-foot Inversion that will premiere in Europe. Both rides will be available in transportable and park versions, travel on 4 semi-trailers, and come with the latest in LED technology, scenery, and sound systems. No crane is required for either attraction. Concept drawings for these rides will be available at the IAAPA Convention.Also from KMG is the tallest transportable chain swing ride to date, The KMG Stratosphere. This new ride is constructed on two trailers and has a telescopic tower reaching a height of 214-feet along the midway. According to KMG, the complete tower rotates during the ride cycle and is equipped with LED lights along the tower, arms, seats, operator booth, and entrance. The ride is comprised of 12 seats, each holding two people. Set up takes between five and six hours, no crane required. The first unit has been purchased by McDonagh’s Amusements and will be ready for the 2012 season.Now ready for the midway is KMG’s XLR8. As described in the March 2011 issue, XLR8 holds 16 passengers in 8 gondolas. During operation, the ride reaches a speed of 65km/hour, offering extreme acceleration and deceleration. “First test runs have been made and were very impressive,” says Peter Theunisz of KMG. “We’re installing a new LED light system and completing artwork now.”Soon available from KMG is the new ride, Sicko. This swing ride is five meters higher than the Fire Ball and has the same set up system as the XXL. The pendulum (swing-arm) is V-shaped and swings up to 120˚ with motorised, rotating seats. The Sicko is constructed on two semi-trailers and can be set up without a crane. The ride swings up to 85 ft. The first Sicko is sold to France and will be delivered in May 2012.

Sounds like an awesome few years planned ahead for KMG. SOURCE> http://themepark.nl/...432486/123.htmlimage of the 'Sicko'. Reminds me very much of the Zamperla 'Power Surge'Posted ImageAnd a video of the smaller prototype 'Stratosphere' High Swing, amazing how the tower all folds out of itself and gets thinner and thinner on the way up. :o

Then last but not least, the extremely successful current model of the 'Inversion'. An even bigger model of this is going to be insane...Posted Image

Leviathan's first air-time hill up nearly finished. It's enormous. And yes, there is a trim. Oh very dear.Posted ImageSome funky perspective goin' on here:Posted ImageLooking better and better with every piece of track installed.Posted ImageExcept these pieces, which sort of ruin the look of the lift-hill.Posted ImageI'm not sold on the ride ending what, 80ft-90ft up in the air? Kind of makes me think it's a little cut short.In other 'I want one of those' news, SkyRush has a few tricks we may have missed from the plans and animations:Posted ImageLooks almost like a reverse Stengel Dive actually.Posted ImageThat looks armed and ready to decapitate...Posted ImageWith thanks to CW Mania and KeyStone Thrills for the photos.

I feel like I'm in such a minority, but I think the track layout looks really good! It shall all depend on the restraints I guess. Cheetah Hunt has softer restraints but even then the coaster is so smooth anyway. I wonder if we shall see straps as seen before on Intimidator 305 again?

I agree with you Sheepie that the layout looks pretty nice, but the trains are pointless and (according to the new render) ugly, and it's bound to be uncomfortable and unreliable. If it weren't for the stupid trains I'd be tempted to say I wouldn't mind a 165' rather than 200' one for Thorpe in 2015, it looks in style like quite a nice 'modernised' step-up from the megalites. Good colour too!

I get that as a whole package, such as the look of the trains and the colours of the track, it may be disappointing. I also get the questionable seating arrangements. If this was in a theme park, I'd agree that it was a factor going against it. However, in an amusement park, I fail to see how any of the aesthetics of the track and train affect the actual ride experience. As long as it's comfortable, reliable and thrilling, what else matters?

As long as it's comfortable, reliable and thrilling, what else matters?

Well... 1 out of 3 is better than nothing ;)One thing this ride WILL do to that area of the park is make it look even more congested and bunched up... With a mixture of this, Comet, Great Bear and Sooperdooperlooper; the area will look very cramped in the main pathway...Aesthetics matter whether it's a theme or amusement park... Look at Six Flags Magic Mountain and the often ridiculed Scream on the car park... They matter wherever you go...