Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

SkyRush is *almost* topped off!Posted ImageWhat a great view from outside the park! That thing on top of the middle of the lift with the cables is there to support the track until the crest of the lift hill is added soon.Posted ImageTrack in the station and bottom of the lift hill is now in place. This image gives a nice idea as to how steep that lift actually is. :DPosted ImageThe lift hill crest looks ready to be lifted into place anytime now.Posted ImageAnd trackwork on the main section of the ride continues...Posted ImageTHAT airtime hill. :wub:Images from Keystone Thrills & Penn State Theme Park Engineers. :mellow:

Odd thing is... it seemed to suit Intimidator 305! I think it's the retina-burning yellow that does it for me... Makes it looks so industrial and purpose-built without appearances in mind. It's like the politician of rollercoasters. Ugly as sin but it supposedly does the job until we realise it probably doesn't do the job as well as it first promises. Naturally, hips will ache after this.

I think Intamin have regressed with their new track design.

Never a truer word spoken. Albeit, Intamin have never been to hot with nice supports (only Stealth and its clone really look minimalistic), their track style has always looked rather arty.That looks yuck.

Well... here it is in all it's glory, topped off fully yesterday. :PPosted Image:DAnd in other ride news... Here is the first drawing I've seen of the planned 70M/230ft KMG Speed! 32 seats in total, 16 on each gondola, arranged in two rows of 8 seats on each side. Awesome! Hopefully this new ride type will start to make it's way into theme parks now that it's got that great capacity, I can see KMG doing better with this ride as a Park Model however, as the transport for it on the fair circuit could be very large (approx 3/4 semi-trailers) and therefore cost alot to travel around...Posted ImageWow :oThe ride support structure will probably end up looking something like that of an XXL, shown below.Posted Image

Odd thing is... it seemed to suit Intimidator 305! I think it's the retina-burning yellow that does it for me... Makes it looks so industrial and purpose-built without appearances in mind. It's like the politician of rollercoasters. Ugly as sin but it supposedly does the job until we realise it probably doesn't do the job as well as it first promises. Naturally, hips will ache after this.

Not sure if your talking about just the lift hill or the track in general, If its the lift hill, Intimidator 305 has a different design, which is much more aesthetically pleasing:Posted ImageSkyrush would of looked much better if it used this lift hill.

So it does, Maxy! Urgh, just can't get over Sky-Rush's lift-hill... Look at the photo Luke posted - that drop is so gradual! Old Intamin would've practically forced their riders into a nose-dive after reaching the apex, but Sky-Rush looks like a wet sap of a drop in comparison. It pulls out almost as soon as it hits the steepest part of the drop!

Wodan news update:Posted ImageThe trains have arrived.Posted ImageSnowy Wodan.Posted ImageOne of the three Blue Fire Megacoaster interactions.Posted ImageThat station is enormous...Posted ImageI spy a magnificent pop of air-time on the exit of that banked turn in the distance.Credit to GCI's Facebook.And in Shambhala-related news: Posted ImageCredit to Coaster Friends.

To quote a crazy guy from a recently deceased ride at Universal, Jesus H. Johnson Christ! That roar is insane. Also good to see that the beams the seats are supported on are themed as wings and look quite nice. Makes it even stranger they left the rest though.Woden's tunnel theming and station look wonderful too.