Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Oh Verbolten :DPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageCredits to TPR full hard hat tour and look inside the elements building here http://themeparkrevi...153740#p1153740Verbolten has been rather quiet so here is some facts

Ride Manufacturer: Zierer (Deggendorf, Germany)Type of Ride: Multi-launch coaster (as promised)Special Features: two launches; environmental theme elements; sound and light effects; high-speed turns; free-fall drop; and an 88-foot final drop to the water.Track Length: 2,835 feetMaximum Speed: 53 mphSeats/Train: 5 trains, 16 seats per train (it was mentioned that the capacity should be about 1,400 riders/hour)Ride Height Restriction: 48 inches (same as the Loch Ness Monster)Location: Oktoberfest VillageRide Opening: Spring 2012 (it will not be ready for guests on opening day)

That looks really nice actually. Still feels slightly pained that we lost a rare Arrow swinger for it, but on the other hand as a concept this looks great. A lot of parks are going for the Expedition Everest type of ride at the moment. It's interesting that now the higher and faster fight is over, parks are now attempting to give multi sensory rides instead.Verbolten looks rather cool I must say.

Lol Six Flags...Verbolten looks quite cool, be interesting to see if the people who have been on Thirteen think the drop system is better or worse, especially with Billund's version as well...Though I'm glad I got to ride Big Bad Wolf before it went, if the finale for Verbolten is anything like BBW's, then Busch should be onto a winner for a good solid family coaster...

Not entirely sure why people are laughing when those trains don't have any body shell on yet? I'm assuming people realise they won't be left like that...

Really? You ever been to a 6flags park? Would not be at all surprised if that was the finished look.For example, this is the amount of effort they have given to millions of dollars worth of B+M in the pastPosted ImageThe infamous 'carpark, the ride'. Oh very dear.

Good point regarding they're AP prices, makes Merlin seem even more expensive considering they allow to go to any across the entire US...Although apparently MM has gone back downhill... Which has caused interesting scenes amongst the American mob...

Good point regarding they're AP prices, makes Merlin seem even more expensive considering they allow to go to any across the entire US...Although apparently MM has gone back downhill... Which has caused interesting scenes amongst the American mob...

Yeah, for example Magic Mountain is incapable of opening half the coasters in windy conditions and won't run more than one train on ones that do open. Their food is absolutely diabolical as well.

It was more the fact that the pre-vis stuff showed bodyshells, you can't expect the trains to be left literally just as chassis. Not even Six Flags would do that. And I can't believe the EP fanboyism that plagues the internet is being extended to claim SS's car park is almost theming.

I think it's a psychological thing for Silver Star. The ride area and queue has been designed to put you in a racing mindset, so when you see see the roads and cars when you get on ride, it makes sense.

An interesting article about X Flight has been posted on the Village of Gurnees website. It shows a new rendering of the ride which seems to show a large theming element under the first drop. It also says it is one of six types of this coaster in the world. B&M have been secretly building wingriders behind our back. :Dhttp://www.gurnee.il.us/node/96991scroll down about 3/4