Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Sea World San Diego's Manta looks good...

Posted Image

Chessie need to get a clone of this...

I'd love Chessie to get one of these. It's not tall and it's thrilling enough to be enjoyed by teens and adults.

Is that an inversion I see, a corkscrew?

Let's not forget though, that Leviathan did cost near-on $28,000,000 (. Being a B&M it's going to be bloody expensive, and seeing as Intamin don't seem to be making their massive sprawling monstrosities like Millennium Force or Expedition GeForce anymore, the only way a park can get a hold of an enormous Out-and-Back is by going to B&M. It's possible that Cedar Fair wanted the first +300ft B&M and realised that the only park with the available space was Canada's Wonderland.

Although all arguments for Leviathan and wanting a massive Out-and-Back are voided when you glance at the other side of the park and wave at the far superior Behemoth.

So yes, I'm in agreement - massively wasted opportunity. Leviathan seems to end where the MCBR should be.

Seems to be an issue with tall rides that they just lack some actual length because the cost is offset by the cost of building sommat that reaches 300ft...

This ride needs a couple more airtime hills and it'd be fine... Now though, just seems even more pointless, especially with the existance of Behemoth...

The reviews of Leviathan seem to actually be saying it rides very well. Seems like it feels must faster than it looks and actually gives some ejector as well as floater on the shallower speed hills. Can't believe this actually needs saying again, but yeah... Judging by videos... Etc etc. Sigh.

In the world of B&M Hyper entrances...

Posted Image

Shabhala's theming is rocketing up. With 13 days until opening,theming is apparently being erected during park hours and testing is taking place in the evening and at night.

Posted Image

I know I can't speak for all of you here,but this has to be one of my favorite entrance signs. Agreeing with the above posts, it is said to ride extremely well with airtime on each hill and very forceful turn arounds.

Skyrush is due to start testing very soon, the first train is now parked in the station and looks ready to go once all of it's shipping packaging has been removed... Really looking forward to seeing this ride start testing :D

Posted Image

The huge catch car also ready to go.

Posted Image

There were some worries that trims could have been on the way after some electrical boxes were spotted a couple of weeks ago under one of the mid-ride supports, but not to worry, it turns out that the wiring was just for some sensor bars. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wub: How many supports? ;)

Posted Image

Images credit to Keystone Thrills and All American Thrills.

Double post eek. But here is a Polar X-Plorer POV!

The outside section looks pretty nice and nifty, the drop section and the bit after looks quite meh; but then I suppose this ride is at Legoland, therefore designed more for children than all of the family... Looks like a nice ride though for a legoland park! :)

Looks fine to me, if slightly unfinished inside...

Indeed, surely they should close off the indoor section a la Thirteen?

Either way, it looks like a rather decent ride, considering the target market, the finale after the drop is a bit rubbish though, and you don't stop at the penguin enclosure...

Indeed, the last point is perhaps the WORST SIN KNOWN EVER TO MAN!