Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

If Thorpe doesn't get one of these insane hybrids in 2015 I might cry as they look right up Thorpes street.

As for Full Throttle the loop and top hat on the same spine of track looks great and if SFMM can get the timings right I think we'll see many pics of the trains crossing. The backwards launch does seem a bit why but I suppose it doesn't do much else so needs to give some sort of surprise. I'd say there'll be three trains of 18 so not too bad but for a park that seems to be obsessed with adding throughput nightmare rides not brilliant. Really was expecting more from this ride though as I was hoping for Magic Mountains version of Maverick sweeping through the mountain itself with lots of terrain hugging. Hitting the brakes straight after the top hat aswell, so much potential lost. So what it has the tallest vertical loop at 160ft, Gatekeeper has a 164ft Inverting Dive which if anythink like THE SWARM's will be brilliant. It seems SFMM have lost their way in making rides with decent length and are obsessed in keeping their Coaster Capital crown.

Awww, Perilous Plunge actually looked brilliant - so intimidating, that 75 degree drop. I remember it being one of the first big American rides I was introduced to when I had a habit of watching 90's TV programme about thrill rides (they were on repeat on some channel or other in 2008-09). And of course back then my house didn't have internet so that was as much as I got really... But yeah, definitely sad to see it go regardless of whether I rode it or not.

Knotts isn't small (Cedar Fair owned) and nearby residents don't really affect the American parks like they do for us, especially since most of the parks are plonked in residential areas.

And I liked Silver Bullet :( I'd like a B&M though, Intamin might be shakey considering the problems they've had. I'd half expect another Dinosaurs Alive thong though, cos Cedar Fair are crap at life...

Wow, I didn't even know that's where they had squeezed it in. That area of the park felt fairly cramped anyway, where as the observation tower / xcelerator / plunge / boomerang area feels fairly empty with the rides just plonked on concrete. Maybe they are saving that whole area for proper redevelopment with the death of plunge?

*maybe these things are known, I don't follow American parks so much.