Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Is it me or does that B&M Invert look boring, I'm sure Nemesis is much better (either of them)

Well when you're comparing any ride to one regarded by many as one of the best in the world, most probably wouldn't fare well.

Is it me or does that B&M Invert look boring, I'm sure Nemesis is much better (either of them)

Batman the ride is pretty well rated. I didn't think much of the clone in Spain though, too many sections where the train is just coasting slowly between inversions.

Double Post but it's been four days so meh.

It's good news for anyone wanting to ride Monster at Walygator but was afraid the park had closed for good, it has new owners who are looking to invest properly into the park. Rides that have been dormant for a while are being reopened and Monster itself will have a station and it's third train reinstated for the 2014 season.

For those that don't know, Monster originally opened in Japan as Orochi, but when that park closed due to safety concerns (and a fatality on a togo stand up coaster), Monster was put up for sale and its safe to say french enthusiasts were stunned when Walygator purchased it. Since then, Monster left the park crippled financially and it looked like Walygator may have closed down for good. Fortunately this hasn't happened. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That figure goes to show how important the midway attractions are to Merlin's success. Interesting to see how the worst 4 performed parks in Europe last year were all Merlin- Thorpe -10%, Gardaland -10%, Towers -9.4%, and Heide Park -7.1%. At least Legoland Windsor did well with a 5.3% increase.

Good old Magic Kingdom with its 17,536,000 visitors though :P

• 2 weeks later...

As I'm sure you have noticed there has been some reorganisation of the forums to try and tidy things up, make it a bit easier to navigate and help keep things flowing.

This 'Parks, Rides and Coaster News' thread has become a bit of a catch all topic and thrived while individual parks threads have died off as a result. The problem with this is news of fairly big projects get knocked back a page or two as other things come along and then get forgotten, often never to be mentioned again when there is plenty of exciting stuff out there to follow.

So as a bit of a trial we'll lock this topic. If you have some new ride news you'd like to share please post it in the relevant park topic in either UK Parks or Rest Of World as appropriate, if the park doesn't exist then please create a new topic (for the park as a whole rather than the development itself is probably best). For things like AECOM results above and the annual Mitch Hawker results a new topic in General Discussion makes sense.

Locking one of the most popular topics might not be the best idea but we'll see how it goes. As ever we love a bit of feedback either here, here or by PM.

Happy posting!

• 6 months later...