Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

• 1 month later...

I don't really know where to put this but I'll say it here.I was just looking on the internet and found the annual pass websiteand found out it has so many more benifits then I knew..http://www.annual-pass.com/news_events/default.asp?id=94discounts at Cafe Rouge..and even discounts of sky diving and hundreds of other days out and gifts on buyagift.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A 2008 Theme Park attendance report has now been published online showing the attendance figures for Worldwide theme parks.Merlin Parks...1. Alton Towers Resort - 2,520,000 visitors, an increase of 5% on the previous year.2. Legoland Windsor - 1,815,000 visitors, an increase of 10% on the previous year.3. THORPE PARK - 1,700,000 visitors, no change on previous year.4. Legoland Denmark - 1,650,000 visitors, an increase of 2.5% on the previous year.5. Heide Park - 1,300,000 visitors, a decrease of 5% on the previous year.As you can see here the UK parks have had bigger increases than the European parks except for Thorpe Park which has no change, although it will be interesting to see that figure next year to see how much SAW has boosted this years attendance. Chessington did not feature on the European Top 20 with something less than 1,300,000 visitors.Merlin Entertainments ranked 2nd worldwide in 2008 attendance figures, achieving higher figures than Universal and Six Flags.Full article here - http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/TEAERA2008.pdf

• 1 month later...

The History of Ghost TrainsRide-Guide are pleased to announce the release of our latest Documentary, The History of Ghost Trains, produced with the cooperation of The National Fairground Archive.This is by far one of our most ambitious videos and, due to the various constrains of YouTube, is only available through our website.Please visit us and feel free to comment on the Documentary.http://forum.ride-guide.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was browsing the net and stumbled across this awesome coaster - Storm Runner, located at Hersheypark, Pennsylvania.Click the following links:Brilliant pictures from Theme Park review.comBrilliant pictures from RCDB.comObviously, on RCDB, click the Facts tab at the top for more information. But this ride looks incredible, launching on 0-72mph in 2 seconds, a 150ft high top hat, an immelmann, heartline roll and flying snake dive.I better get across the pond!

• 2 months later...

I didn't really know where else to put this, found this absolutely amazing interview with John Wardley from a week ago.Talks about how he got into the business, through to the development of Chessington, to some of his best work at Alton Towers.He talks about the future, and what interesting is that he says he's working closely with B&M on a new product.Many, many more highlights of the interview. A must, must listen to anyone who's interested in the theme park industry.I love how he speaks highly of Merlin <_<EDIT- woops! forgot to add the link! Lol! Interview with John Wardley

Edited by Sheepie

Ahh well he doesn't talk about Chessie's future, more about his involvement from Chessington being a zoo, to becoming CWoA. Talks about Vampire in great detail (I know a certain member on here who'd like that! Lol), mentions Bubbleworks and basically his vision that was Transylvania.He does say that he's working on 4 rides for Merlin right now, and for the future, Merlin are seriously considering the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman ride concept, and are willing to dish out a massive budget for it.He says the future of attractions in general is likely to combine all the previous technologies that are available to create truely amazing experiences.He also talks about his involvement in Saw, in which he said he basically designed the layout, and suggested the Eurofighter ride system, but that's as far as it goes.

I didn't really know where else to put this, found this absolutely amazing interview with John Wardley from a week ago.Talks about how he got into the business, through to the development of Chessington, to some of his best work at Alton Towers.EDIT- woops! forgot to add the link! Lol! Interview with John Wardley

Thank you for that link!It was great to hear, as you said, about the development of Chessington & Zoo.It was nice to hear the history of the park and how it evolved from a Zoo to a theme park! <_<

Ahh well he doesn't talk about Chessie's future, more about his involvement from Chessington being a zoo, to becoming CWoA. Talks about Vampire in great detail (I know a certain member on here who'd like that! Lol), mentions Bubbleworks and basically his vision that was Transylvania.

As you said, I was VERY pleased when I heard Vampire being mensioned! (Especially as I did not read your post until after I heard it! :D)Also, I was happy to hear regarding Vampire's history at the park.And he is right what hw said regarding children standing at a fence can't riding. This is also why I like Vampire because anyone really can ride the 'fangtastic' ride.Thank you so much for that find of that link. I can't that you enough! :D