Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Hi, first post here :D.I found a NL track of the Intamin 12 looper once. I dunno how genuine it was but it was 150 ft tall and a straight drop with a 180 degree turn at the bottom, like the Mega-lites or Maverick. After that it was a Norwegian Loop, loop, cobra roll, corkscrew (through the loop), corkscrew, 180 degree turn, double corkscrew again sorta interlocking with the first two in a weird way, helix around the cobra roll, double heartline, 180 degree turn, heartline and then breaks. It was in the same elongated style as the 10 and 8 loopers. At the same time the layout seemed very cramped and you coulden't build a bridge path system around it like on Colossus.

Hi, first post here :D.I found a NL track of the Intamin 12 looper once. I dunno how genuine it was but it was 150 ft tall and a straight drop with a 180 degree turn at the bottom, like the Mega-lites or Maverick. After that it was a Norwegian Loop, loop, cobra roll, corkscrew (through the loop), corkscrew, 180 degree turn, double corkscrew again sorta interlocking with the first two in a weird way, helix around the cobra roll, double heartline, 180 degree turn, heartline and then breaks. It was in the same elongated style as the 10 and 8 loopers. At the same time the layout seemed very cramped and you coulden't build a bridge path system around it like on Colossus.

Wonder how long it will be before Six Flags or Cedar Point snap up this design.

Nah, Asia tend to call their coasters - _________ Coaster; Roller-, Flying-, Apple-, Dive-, Dragon- and Water-, are all common prefixes - they really just don't get the whole 'Terrify you with the name' thing.Anyway, KingVeveraine, do you have the link for the 12 Inversions Coaster video? :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Mitch Hawker poll results are in. There are no UK rollercoasters in the top five for both categories, however Nemesis retains a top ten spot at Number 6 in the steel poll.Other notable spots:-61. Nemesis Inferno : Thorpe Park69. Speed : Oakwood77. Stealth : Thorpe Park87. Oblivion : Alton Towers107. Air : Alton Towers123: Rita: Alton Towers129: Colossus : Thorpe Park139: Knightmare : Camelot202: Rage : Adventure Island343 : X:\No Way Out : Thorpe Park