Doctor Oakwood Official Meet 2015

AJ

What Weekend Should the Cardiff & Oakwood meet take place?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What date/s can you attend the Welsh Weekend?

• Saturday 1st August - Sunday 2nd August 2015
    • Saturday 8th August - Sunday 9th August 2015
    • Saturday 15th August - Sunday 16th August 2015
    • Saturday 22nd August - Sunday 23rd August 2015
    • Saturday 29th August - Sunday 30th August 2015

Good Afternoon all of you wonderful people!   ;) I'm very excited to officially announce plans for our Doctor Oakwood Meet 2015!   :D The date of the event is the Weekend of Saturday 15th (Oakwood) - Sunday 16th (Cardiff) August 2015! As decided by you. As you can see it's the whole weekend! Which gives you a choice - come on the Saturday, come on the Sunday or stay the whole weekend! Please take note if you plan to stay with us overnight, it will be your responsibility to book your own rooms and unfortunately if your under 18 we cannot help you with this! If you were to stay the night - under no circumstances will TPM get involved and take responsibility with how you stay overnight, as for the overnight section of the trip will be an over 18's event.. We will however like to see you during the day at the park (or town centre on the Sunday :P )

The Outline of the day/s will be as follows: 

Oakwood Day

Meet by the entrance at 09:45 am so we can sort out our tickets for when the park opens at 10am. Please bear in mind we will leave without you if you are late as it’s not fair on time keepers! If by any chance you happen to miss this meet point due to travel arrangements or just plain lateness you can either phone or text so we can arrange to meet you. As members have found out! We will then go and enjoy our day at Oakwood. I know not everyone will want to do some of the rides at Oakwood. If you decide to not come on please be polite and wait for everyone to come off and chat to other members whilst you are waiting. Or go off and do another attraction as long as you’ll be back after the group has finished riding the attraction. Please respect other people’s wishes who wish to ride certain things that you yourself may not be too keen with. During the day, around half 1, we will stop for a bite to eat where you can go and eat where you like and we will arrange where to meet after everyone has finished eating. (Who knows we might all want to eat the same thing anyway  :P ) After lunch we will group together for the Official Group Photo for the day and continue going round the park. Around 7-8 we will have a quick snack somewhere to keep us going and then continue riding the attractions people want to do until the park closes.  ^_^. The day will finish off at 10pm when Oakwood hold a fantastic Fireworks Display.

Day In Cardiff

As we are already in Wales and a 12 hour stint at Oakwood is good enough, we will finish with a more relaxing day in Cardiff and go and try out the redone Doctor Who Experience. We will be meeting in the town at Half 10 and the day will consist of the experience, a bit of mini golf, a meal near the harbour and also a swim in the Cardiff International Pool which hosts a nice number of water slides. This should keep us going until around 7pm when we will start saying our goodbyes. This day will have a better timetable nearer the meet due to the nature of the availability of the attractions. However those that are interested in exploring Cardff for the day will all be informed and kept in the loop but the basis of the day is to relax a bit more and get to know people outside of the theme park environment.

I will be handing out my phone number for everyone who is attending the meet that day, should there be any problems. We aim to stay together as a group for the day, going from one activity to the next, enjoying getting to know people you share very similar interests with, the idea is to just go with the flow and enjoy the day with some awesome people. There will be many photo’s in the day being taken and the possibility of a few video clips. Whilst we cannot force you to stay with the group, it is the general purpose of these meets! You will have my number (and some of the senior teams) if you become split so by all means use it. The meets are a fantastic laugh and everyone is invited, even if you have never posted before or been to any kind of meet at all. If it's your first meet, I understand it can be nerve breaking - but we were all there at one point so know how it feels, please don't let this stop you from attending - Once there you'll be part of the group in no time! Just look at the past trips this year!

I will soon be posting up a separate post on possible accommodation locations which you can use to help you decide where to sleep (If your staying for the night.) If however you know where your going already by all means book it up when we confirm the dates this time next week. I know for example I will be staying at a Travelodge near Cardiff on the way back from Oakwood.

Once again, everyone will have my phone number so please use it on the day     :D If anyone has any issues or concerns or even nervous about coming, feel free to post here, or PM myself and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you feel like my response is taking too long another member of the team will be more than happy to help. We will all try and help you out as much as we can.

Please PM me or post here to say if you’re attending. If you are bringing a mate along with you, please also include who they are so they are not known as ‘Plus 1.’ The events with TPM have been fantastic this year and this one will be no different!

Attending (17)

Alpengeist
Celia Mae
DeanGaryCox
EC!
J.S217
KingNemesis
Matt Creek
Mr. Fish
Paige
Peaj
Rocket
Sawyer
ScaryCoasterBoy
Shinequa
Snobbish Bob (From Tower Nerds)
Stretchy
Styles

Maybe (6)

Amargh
Mark9
Mer
NathP
Ryan
StevenVig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Regarding the Dr Who experience..

There seems to be 2 options on tickets.

1) just entry

2) with a walking tour of filming locations. (6 quid extra)

Which have people booked tickets for or has everyone done like me and left it till now? I personally quite fancy a tour, but I am old and old people like tours.

(interstingly most of the people who gave the museum a high score chose the tour option)

http://www.doctorwho.tv/events/doctor-who-experience/tickets/

Out of interest, what's everyone thinking/planning to do Food-wise at the park?

I've checked the main site & the main eatery is called the Oak Tree Restaurant which offers a wide selection of pub style food such as classics like fish & chips, steak pie plus burgers & more. They even do drinky drinks for those alcoholics ;).

Menu

http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Oak-Tree-Menu1.pdf

Apart from that, I don't think there's much too offer, just a couple of fast food like places and an ice cream shop. I went to Dixie's Diner when I last went and the food was very very average (and quite expensive).

http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/plan-your-visit/park-facilities/

Won't be making this as I'm working that weekend, would be near impossible to get it off as holiday, plus I could use a month of being "sensible"/attempting to save money :P Shame as it would've been good to do another new UK park (and a new country ;) )!

Deffo up for some mini meets and such between now and Disney though :)

I'm liking the idea of the filming location tour as I've only done the exhibition before. So we have two options after I've spoken to the others going who have not mentioned what thing they would like to do, but it terms of purchasing tickets

a) We buy on the day at max cost of £22 or

B) I can get people tickets and we will sort out money when we get there (unless you want to get yourself) for max cost of £21.03 saving you 97p :D

Should we go for the 10-10:30 entry so we then still have the day to relax around Cardiff?