Pin Badges

pognoi

What pin badges do you have?

Do you collect them?

Looking to sell them?

Pin badges here!

Okay, to start it off, I have a limited amount of pin badges right now but I'm looking to collect all of the chessington ones.

Whether I visit the park and find them on the floor or buy them for a good price here I'm willing to at least try and get them all.

I love pin badges and think they need to do them for every ride :)

Although I only have Vampire and Bubbleworks ones, my b/f has at least 20 (if not more) - was told last week at Chessington that they have stopped selling them :o  The only new one I have seen this year is the Thorpe Park logo one.  Looking to find an Air one!

I somehow got into Disney pin trading which is a dangerous past time. I tend to choose badges based on my favourite rides, events I've been to or first year visiting. Currently have 

2011 Walt Disney World Mickey pin

Space Mountain WDW

Pluto WDW

2014 Disneyland Mickey pin

Everest pin

Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid pin, bought on the rides first day of operation

WDW Tower

Halloween WDW Mickey

Rainbow mickey ears

2013 Mickey Disneyland Paris

Ratatouille Paris pin

Walt Disney museum pin

Up grape soda pin

Lost my Epcot 30th pin, Stitch WDW 2012 and my Original Testrack pin broke in half.

Also have The Smiler pin and logo pins for Inferno, Colossus and Tidal Wave.

• 2 months later...

So, this is my pin badge collection:

3eeccfaf6b120d2ac0d7e2751c5fc9bb.jpg

:D As you can see, I have some limited editions there too: Vampire's 21st birthday, and the giant AT ones! I do love those - really nice quality, my favourites are the Towers logo and Neme21s ones (love how they've incorporated its 21st into the name and are selling a fair bit of merch for it!) ^_^ I also have a Colossus one, but it's not in the usual pin badge style; it's just a bog standard badge, but the same size as a pin badge, and it's plasticky and meh :P

Definitely intend to collect more!

Here we go then.

11755727_1183111098380983_21556713172570

Lanyard from last year (now with the Thorpe pin on it because why not).

11745502_1183111255047634_25543773185934

This pin from getting a pass. Nice touch but yeah I don't vote fun so I blurred it on purpose.

11781736_1183111128380980_46421085146884

The new Towers set minus Smiler for now.

11751422_1183111211714305_65809016616097

Two Hard Rock ones (only started this collection 2 weeks ago...)

11738013_1183111168380976_53026245685722

And a lovely Disney World one.

Merlin wise, my collection is not at all impressive as I pretty much have the bare minimum. My Smiler one is broken after I continuosly wore it to school (I tripped over a person and fell into a door, causing the pin on the back to fall off) so I kind of use it as a lucky charm...thing.

I got the Tinkerbell ones in 2011 and 2012 (my two most recent trips) when I was obsessed with everything fairies *groans*. I now enjoy stabbing lanyard Tink's face with the pins on the back of the bages.

D76014BE-B240-40A5-AD88-142418A71816_zps

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I've collected quite a few over the past year or so! :D

f87034e95263a3536ce12d38673ab35e.jpg

0d18df9c34238f01c996dd5d73c77797.jpg

Also managed to get hold of some random Dungeons pins from Berlin, Edinburgh and Hamburg, despite never visiting...

a560069cdda6d421886c32bba4f865bf.jpg

Some of them in the photos are just plain ol' badges but meh :P And yes, the DLP ones are still in their packaging - I just haven't got round to putting them on my lanyard yet! Oh and the Merlin one saying "You're A Star" was from my call centre days :P

The new Towers ones for this year look nice - that Nemesis one last year was a bit crappy tbh :lol: I need to get some Chessie ones too, didn't get round to buying them last year :( Anyone know if they're the same this year (some of them last year were glow in the dark!)/if they've added any more?

• 3 weeks later...

Chessie have got quite a few but I have no idea if they are the same as last year although Vampire on is definitely glow in the dark as I have one

I've never really been hugely in to pin badges but recently decided to start a little collection - think I have about 10 at the moment.

I'm not a fan of the really big ones so won't get all of them (plus I'm not made of money :lol:) - and as much as I adore Saw: The Ride, the Billy pin badge freaks me out more than it should.

I'm also not just doing coaster/park ones but charity ones and random ones (got a starfish one the other week - not sure why).  I have a Bubbleworks one somewhere but I can't find it arghhh typical! And also a crash pad pin badge :ph34r:

@Mermite - I love your collection!  You have some really nice ones

@wegloo - That 1990 Vampire badge is amazing!

I am so disorganised and need to put mine on a lanyard or bag but here's a pic of 3 pins which I think are new this year? 

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw this on the FAQs on the MAP website:

Swapathons

Over the next year we hope to be hosting some swapathon events at some of our attractions. This will give you the opportunity to meet other Pin collectors and trade. Please note, these events will only allow swapping of Merlin Entertainments Pins. Swapathon information will be released on the Merlin Annual Pass website and Social media pages.

You may see other collectors who are happy to swap outside of these events. However, please note that staff are not required to swap Pin badges.

:P 

Potentially a slippery slope coming along.  Many times I've seen guests be quite blunt / upfront about trying to get pin badges from staff (in some cases adults getting their children to ask to try and play the 'sweet kid' card), and said guests be quite rude if they don't get the way.  

Having swapathons and encouraging swapping in that respect will make it easier for guests to try and twist staff's arm to get them.  And will lead to the self-entitled AP holders to get all the more agitated and rude.

Could be a nice idea, but I don't think it'll work out...